Cowboy's (NOT a) SeaHawk UH-60a Mod (AI only)

Hi Greg

Great news is you can 😉

prccowboy is also the talented artist who created this superb liveries pack for the existing Uh-60a that can also be used with this mod as well.

Place in the his Mod folder, under .../Liveries/CPL_UH60aMOD

Can be downloaded here https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3314233/

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Edited by ggrewe
  • Like 1

DEVELOPMENT UPDATE:

v0.9.1116 BETA version is now available for download
- Added 3 no pylon configurations: HH-60G, MH-60L (legacy), and a "Mike" configuration
- all FLIRs are now rigged for animation (for future development)
- Added/modified liveries
- Added additional parts to "DAP", "L", and "M" variants

Note: this update modified the liveries to identify whether they are adapted or not for this mod. If you built missions using the initial release, you *might* have to go back and reselect the proper livery

At some point I will be adapting my old UH-60a livery pack over and adding some more liveries (the AF camo variants shown in earlier screenshots do not yet meet my release standard)

CLP UH60a Mod 0.9.1116.jpg

Edited by prccowboy
updated info
  • Like 5

2021-11-16 update is now live and available for download. This includes new variants and parts that were requested by various community members. This is still a "BETA" as I have not yet finished some coding that I want to include for additional functionality. Please report any bugs/issues with this version. (I suggest deleting the old version before installing the update)

Edited by prccowboy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Arrow11 said:

Thank you! 😎

Thank you for sharing photos. Although I had not originally intended to release this mod publicly (I only wanted a Romeo variant for personal use), now that it's in the wild it helps to see how people use it if I decide to further develop the mod.

• Like 2

Thanks a lot prccowboy ¡¡¡

This is one of my favourite mods ever. Is great for inmersion and mission editors. Just a dream of options and loads.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

(initially posted in wrong thread, so moved here)

@prccowboy-   it is incredible what you have made from your initial idea - really really great! And a lot of work already with the quality of assets and liveries, my respect and many thanks! It is great now to follow different paths with this helicopter class, and it inspires me to follow the MH-60T variant in more detail and ultimatively make it flyable (which is what I am most interested in). And seeing the new blackhawk screenshots, even another one is on the way. Exciting times!

5 hours ago, robert.grove said:

Anychance I can have a version of the MH-60 Strikehawk pod rotated 90 degrees? I want to marry it with rato's HH-60H mod for my own personal use, I can share the work if you want it, but that model's connectors take it sideways for some reason

I'm not sure how @rato65would feel about someone sticking my ugly accessories on his beautiful helo

(reminds me of that old commercial, "You got your peanut butter on my chocolate!")

27 minutes ago, prccowboy said:

I'm not sure how @rato65would feel about someone sticking my ugly accessories on his beautiful helo

Seriously? ... hey, anything creative is good! I did not find any "ugly" here....I do not know what the "strikehawk pod" is, though. Might fit, might, not - the proportions are probably not exactly the same, but I do not know. Worth a try anyway. Main issue will be the connectors - they are certainly not at the same positions so far for both helicopter models. The HH-60 model only has the CG1 and CG2 at the +- center of gravity at the moment, for the 2 asset sets, plus those for the lights. But none as for the weapon load outs on the UH-60.

Edited by rato65

prccowboy,

Downloaded this mod the other day and was very impressed.  Thanks for the great additions to the UH-60A.  Your approach to handling the different kits and various loadouts is outstanding and brilliant.

Suggest you add the following to the lua code (see attached) to activate the damage arguments for the UH-60A model.  Picture shows some damage taken but it's a little hard to see the bullet holes etc.  BTW that's one of your liveries (CLP Mexico UH-60L) for the UH-60A modified for use with the US Navy. Hope you don't mind as I really like that livery.  You do very nice work.  Many thanks for all your efforts.

RustyGunner

Damaged UH60A.jpg

Damage Insert Text.lua

14 hours ago, RustyGunner said:

Suggest you add the following to the lua code (see attached) to activate the damage arguments for the UH-60A model.

@RustyGunner Thank you for this and also for posting a photo of how you are using the mod. I encourage everyone with improvements to share them to help make this better for the community and ultimately in-sim immersion.

Your adaptation of my old livery over to the mod looks good. I have it on my "to do" list to adapt all my old liveries (or at least the ones that make sense) but I have a few other projects to work on first (honestly though, most of my liveries were the "rare" foreign sales liveries and don't include many of the U.S. skins which other artists already did a fantastic job)

Note on livery adaptation: For those who want to use other artist's liveries with my mod (or make your own): I have included a few generic textures that can be used with many other liveries to color match the "bolt on" parts in my mod. This includes Black, Olive Green, and Navy grey. These texture files are located in the "CLP common" subfolder under liveries. You can find examples of how to use them in the included liveries lua structure.

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/15/2021 at 11:38 PM, prccowboy said:

DEVELOPMENT UPDATE:

v0.9.1116 BETA version is now available for download
- Added 3 no pylon configurations: HH-60G, MH-60L (legacy), and a "Mike" configuration
- all FLIRs are now rigged for animation (for future development)
- Added/modified liveries
- Added additional parts to "DAP", "L", and "M" variants

Note: this update modified the liveries to identify whether they are adapted or not for this mod. If you built missions using the initial release, you *might* have to go back and reselect the proper livery

At some point I will be adapting my old UH-60a livery pack over and adding some more liveries (the AF camo variants shown in earlier screenshots do not yet meet my release standard)

CLP UH60a Mod 0.9.1116.jpg

can this be merged with uh60L mod? I know it would be fictional but newer models look much more beautiful

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

2 hours ago, BAXuTOB said:
what module is required for it to work?

None. This mod uses the default UH-60a model in DCS and "bolts on" accessories

2 hours ago, BAXuTOB said:
where to install it? through the folder with the saved game does not work!

from the readme.txt file:

unzip the files and copy the entire contents of the 'Mods' folder in the zip file to your DCS user files folder, example:
C:\Users\[YOURNAME]\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\

(You should end up with a "CLP_UH-60a_MOD" folder under Mods/Tech, example:
"C:\Users\[YOURNAME]\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\tech\CLP_UH-60a_MOD\")

1 hour ago, ebabil said:

can this be merged with uh60L mod? I know it would be fictional but newer models look much more beautiful

No. This was made to work with the existing UH-60a model. The recently released UH60L mod uses a different model. Liveries and loadouts in this mod are not compatible with the Skyward UH60L mod

15 minutes ago, BAXuTOB said:
can you fly on it?

No. see title: (AI only)

If you want a flyable Blackhawk mod, see: 

Edited by prccowboy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FoxHoundELite said:

eh can i request you add MH-60S with no stub wings config in the future? 🙂 @prccowboy

honestly, with all the recent H-60 mod releases from different developers, I had NOT intended to do any further development on this (I considered it a quick fix band-aid until something better came along). However, if there is enough continued interest in this mod, I will consider any popular requests for a future update.

Edited by prccowboy
  • Like 6