Fight for Honor 2021

M0ltar

qrPgCZx.png

FIGHT FOR HONOR
A FOLDS OF HONOR CHARITY EVENT

COMBAT ON DECEMBER 4 AND 5 1400 UTC & DECEMBER 11 AND 12 1500 UTC WITH STREAMING ON DECEMBER 11 1600 UTC AND DECEMBER 18 1600 UTC

SIGNUPS CLOSE WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 1

REGISTRATION
Register for this competition at the Folds of Honor website.

SCHEDULE
The schedule of matches will be available at the DCS World Events Fights for Honor website.. All matches on the schedule will be shown in Zulu time. To check what Zulu time is for you, see here.

DISCORD
It is very important that all participants join the DCS World Events Discord. This discord will be used to have the competitor meeting, convey future information, scheduling, and rules for all combatants as well as provide a place for general conversation about the event. YOU MUST BE IN THIS DISCORD IF YOU WISH TO COMPETE! If you do not currently have discord go ahead and head here to download and get it installed.

WHAT IS FIGHT FOR HONOR
Fight for Honor is a DCS 1v1 BFM 100% charity event for the Folds of Honor charity. We will be joined by special guest throughout the live stream events. Fight for Honor provides educational scholarships to the children and spouses of our fallen and disabled service members while serving our nation. More information on who Folds of Honor as and what their mission is can be seen here.

STREAMING
All streams will be taking place on the CW Lemoine's YouTube channel with after action replays and highlights available on YouTube.

PRIZES
First Place Team: Folds of Honor Jacket, Tacview Advanced
Second Place Team: Tacview Advanced
Third Place Team: Tacview Advanced

TIMETABLE
- NOVEMBER 11 - Registration opens. Register at the Folds of Honor website.
- DECEMBER 1 - Registration closes.
- DECEMBER 3 2100Z - Competitor briefing take place allowing competitors to test and ask needed questions about the next days tournament start.
- DECEMBER 4 AND 5 1400Z - Opening rounds of Fight for Honor commence.
- DECEMBER 11 AND 12 1600Z - Closing rounds of Fight for Honor commence.
- DECEMBER 11 AND 18 - Streaming takes place of rounds.

OPEN TO ALL EXPERIENCE LEVELS
Fight for Honor is opened to virtual pilots of all experience levels, lonewolves, noobs and pros alike.
Regardless of your level of experience, Fight for Honor is an opportunity to have a great deal of fun,
pitching yourself against your friends and fellow virtual pilots, as well as raise awareness and funds for a fantastic cause.

BRACKETS
Tournament brackets will be and on going and ever evolving thing. The brackets will be shared here and DCSWE Discord. These brackets will be in constant flux as more people sign up so please check back often after they come out to ensure you show up to your matches on time and ready to go.

EVENT SCHEDULE

The schedule for matches, including times, will be finalized once sign-ups have closed on 12/1 and can be found at the Challonge bracket link that will be posted on the DCSWE Discord that will be used for further communication and updates to participants. Fight for Honor is set to start December 4 at 1400z and will run for 4 days over 2 weekends. Therefore, please expect if you keep winning to fly on both days for extended periods of time. I will do my best to ensure that an accurate schedule is put out as early as possible. However, this schedule will change as more people sign-up so be sure to check early and often to ensure your scheduled match times.

LIVE STREAM

Fight for Honor will be broadcast via CW Lemoine's YouTube channel.

MISSIONS AND WEATHER
- DCS World Events servers will be used to host.
- Any map is allowed and will be selected prior to each match by the pilots. Pilots can specify which maps they wish to be allocated to the randomly selected pool based on which maps they own and/or which maps they desire to fly on. This will be done using the F10 communication section in the mission. The server/mission will then randomly select a map/mission based on this input and restart the mission with that selection.
- Once a mission/map has been selected for a match it will be used for all rounds in that match.
- Ping limit of 300 will be strictly enforced.
- Mission locations will be static on each map.
- Weather will be clear/cavok.

EVENT RULES

- 1v1 matches consist of 1 pilot per team attempting to eliminate their opponent in a best of 3 setup or best of 5 for quarters on.
- Starts will be air start.
- Starting distance will be 30km from each other head-on
- Ingress on start will utilize a mission mechanic to keep pilots on line and level for a straight and level merge. This process is being used to provide as close to a neutral merge as possible. After merge has been called by the mission the fight will be on and maneuvering is free.
- Combatants are free to adjust speed at will and be as slow or fast as desired at the merge.
- If a pilot deviates from a neutral merge that will be alerted by the server/mission. The not at fault party will then have the opportunity to either continue on with the fight ‘as is’ or restart the round. You are allowed 1 missed merge before you are disqualified for the round and your opponent is awarded a round win.
- Fuel dumping is allowed.
- Weapons hold until after the first pass.
- Definition of merge: when either fighter passes the other fighter's 3/9 line. The merge will be called by the server/mission itself as well to remove estimation or speculation.
- Extending away from the fight for the purpose of resetting to a new merge, or to attempt to reacquire a lost tally, is allowed. However, extending purely to drag out the fight and play fuel games is highly discouraged and such passive tactics may up in disqualification, this will ultimately be decided by the referee and/or review from the Tacview file.
- If there is significant damage to your jet, fully passive and defensive tactics are OK.
- After eliminating your opponent, the combatant must land at the designated airfield inside the bubble.
- There is a bubble that will simulate an arena. This bubble is 66km across.
- If you come within 16km of bubble edge you will receive a warning that you are leaving the bubble.
- If you exit the bubble completely you will self-destruct.
- Only modern era fighters are allowed to compete.
- All aircraft will start with full internal gun and no other weapons.
- Fuel for each aircraft has been calculated based on time maintaining max AoA sustained turns at low altitude in full gate. These fuel loads will allow all aircraft to stay gate for similar time frames.
- In order to complete the round you must land at the airfield in the center of the bubble. This ensures that a clean victory is had.
- There are NO G limits in this competition.

REGISTRATION
You must register at the Folds of Honor website. YOU DO NOT NEED TO POST HERE THAT YOU HAVE OR ARE REGISTERING!

Good luck to all of those that are competing and signed up and thank you to all of those veterans for their service and contributions!

Edited by M0ltar
  • Like 1

• BIGNEWY changed the title to Fight for Honor 2021
  • 3 weeks later...

Just my 2c respectfully, none of the guys in my group, that I game with, saw this.

@Eagle Dynamics, @BIGNEWY is there anyway, for future events, to put them out in your FB posts? We all see those, but again, out of 9 guys that I work with that are big DCS fans, none of us saw this and completely missed it.

I saw a post by @Moltar on Discord with “fight for honor” in it, and I immediately ran to this tournaments section in the forums only to find that I was short by a couple of days.

Respectfully requesting some better communication on these events….I don’t know about your other followers but a Facebook post on 3-d modeling of a a new Mi-24 pilot, is light years below the importance of a BFM tournament by Folds of Honor, to me respectfully.

Edited by jwbflyer