T-50 CM2 Throttle - Possible to Map Thumb Rotary to Zoom View?

King39

For the life of me I can't seem to be able to use that thumb rotary to zoom in and out. The small analog up/down lever works fine for that but I would rather use the rotary as it seems more natural movement for that function. 

I also haven't had any luck mapping the Flaps lever to flaps. I suspect the fix is similar but I can't figure it out.

Any help would be appreciated,

John

Flaps lever works fine for me. I assigned the Flaps axis of the Bf 109 in the DCS options. 

For the FW190 which has 3 flaps positions I used the "axis to button" option in the virpil software: Lever Forward, lever middle, lever back 

The rotary zoom wheel is recognized as two buttons in DCS (Forward and back). You cannot assign It to an axis in DCS, but only assign the "Zoom in" and "Zoom out" to the scroll wheel in the DCS options. Or maybe try "Zoom in/out slow". 

I think there is a button to axis option in the Virpil Software which assign an axis to the turning of the wheel which is then recognized AS axis in the DCS options.  But I never tried that myself. 

Search youtube for tutorials how to use the Virpil Software. 

Hope that Information is useful to you. 

Edited by Gadreel

On 11/11/2021 at 8:32 PM, King39 said:

For the life of me I can't seem to be able to use that thumb rotary to zoom in and out. The small analog up/down lever works fine for that but I would rather use the rotary as it seems more natural movement for that function. 

I also haven't had any luck mapping the Flaps lever to flaps. I suspect the fix is similar but I can't figure it out.

Any help would be appreciated,

John

Try using the slider z-axis. It is most commonly used for zoom, and works perfectly. 

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box