Controller profile locations ?

FlyingTaco21

By this i do not mean binding profiles associated with a module, but the columns in the bindings menu that are associated with a given controller. I have two of these device columns that are associated with the same physical device and wish to delete one of them, but cannot locate anything other than my saved bindings for the software modules. I have rescanned  and it did not rid me of the duplicate 

Edited by FlyingTaco21

Pretty much have the same issue.  Thrustmaster TARGET combines stick and throttle into "Thrustmaster Virtual Game Controller (root)".  For some reason windows still shows "Joystick-HOTAS Warthog"  That should not be showing up.

Posted in the Thrustmaster section of Input/Ouput Forum.
Here

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

It's not that there's a need for TARGET.  It's the persistent presence of a controller that should not be present.
I fond what might be the culprit though.  My TARGET GUI software got corrupted and was hinkying up my Editor process.
A quick repair sorted me.

On 11/11/2021 at 5:04 PM, FlyingTaco21 said:

but cannot locate anything other than my saved bindings for the software modules. I have rescanned  and it did not rid me of the duplicate 

In my Saved Games > Open Beta> Config> Input Folder I only saw modules that I may have edited the controls in settings.  Can it be that the duplicate is hiding in the settings of a module FlyingTaco hasn't edited yet?

Maybe try deleting the config folder from Saved Games.  That was always the standby procedure.

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

On 11/15/2021 at 7:01 PM, draconus said:

Do you need TARGET for something?

I specifically ask because in most cases you don't need any drivers or software for the controllers beside what Windows finds itself.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

I do not use thrustmaster, Am using a VKB set up with the sem and THQ modules  have two duplicate input sets for the same controller. The latest  is that the DCS is confusing the Throttles for the X axis of my joystick and is not letting me bind my physical X axis to anything. Going to try to recalibrate everything before I do that, and then just try a clean install of DCS... Though I am not at all convinced the issue is DCS  since MSFS is showing two duplicates of the joystick/modules as well.    

I don't think reinstalling DCS will help you. If anything you can try to refresh devices on the controls page and/or load the clean profile (you do that by temporarily renaming your \saved games\dcs\ folder).

Please ask here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/158-vkb-sim-flight-gear/

or get to the support directly:

https://vkbcontrollers.com/?page_id=13721

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria