Mission 05 Broken

Xillix

I'm having a problem with this mission. All the triggers seem to be working from taxi, takeoff, and departure but I can't seem to figure out why none of my wingman are taking off to help me? I flew all the way to sally and didn't see one jet take off or ask for taxi. Including my wingman who said he was ready to taxi.

Is this a bug with one of the vehicles blocking an aircraft? The briefing has them as starting up their jets, just not taxing, so this would explain it.

Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Yep, the mission is broken. Your wingman spawns at different location than is shown in mission planner and get blocked by a tanker truck. As is it the first AI to taxi the rest of AI waits until it moves beyond the conflicting taxiways... so he effectively blocks all AI.

I was able to fix it by editing the starting possitions in the missions, but the file is too large to upload here.

Even with the mission working I had to skip it, because (mission spoiler)

Spoiler

With the recent changes to Aim-120 and AI being able to fullly utilize TWS, my whole flight (including two friendly F-16) gets dismantled at range by a pair of enemy F-16, armed with 8xAim120C in total. AI Mirages don't stand a chance and get obliterated. I might evade a single 120, but then I'm fully defensive, without much chance againt another. While the second F-16 is picking up the Sead flight...

Edited by winz

• 2 weeks later...

Gotta love the updates to spawn locations like this. Should be an easy fix, I'll repair it. I also will have to re-fly the whole thing at some point and update it to new M-2000C features I guess, if only I had some more time. Good point about the Amraams, also something to look into. Thanks!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I'm stuck in M5. Everything looks ok until I get to the orbit point (WP3). All have reported in on station and I'm on channel 9 on green, 2 on red. I orbit and orbit around WP3 with my other 5 M2K, but nothing happens. I'm I suppose to do something to trigger progress?

HW: Intel i5 13600K, 64Gb DDR5, RTX 4090, Winwing Orion 2 HOTAS, TM TPR rudderpedals, Pico 4 VR+VirtualDesktop (VDXR), Win11
DCS: F-5, F-86, F-16, F-15E, FA-18, F-14, Harrier, Viggen, M-2000C, A-10C, AH-64, UH-1, Mi-8, Mi-24, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mig-21, P-47, P-51, Spitfire, Mosquito, Bf-109, Fw-190A, Fw-190D, Yak-52, C101, all maps & tech, SuperCarrier

• 3 weeks later...