"Go to Waypoint" if in zone = Can't get it to work

Nealius

I'm having trouble with enemy AI following bombers all the way from France to England across the Channel, and would like them to RTB once they reach a point in the Channel.

So I set Triggered Actions: Go to waypoint (landing waypoint) for the relevant groups. I set a quadrangle trigger zone in the middle of the Channel. In the Triggers, I set ONCE-->Part of Group in zone-->AI Push task (go to waypoint).

And they don't turn back when crossing the trigger zone. As a stopgap I've set them to deactivate in the trigger zone, and this works, but I'd prefer to have them RTB from the trigger zone. 

Within your trigger, add something like "Alarm State Green" or "Weapons Hold."  Something to get them to ignore their primary "Enroute Task."  You can tell them to go to a waypoint like you did but you must get them to ignore the primary tasking like CAP or what-ever you have them set to.  I'm not in the game now but IIRC, if you look at the first waypoint of your ENY fighters and its primary task is like "CAP" or something go into the advanced waypoint actions and look at the button for "condition end" and see if you can use flags or time to end the primary task.  That plus your "Go to Waypoint" action should finally set them to go where you want them to go.

• Like 1