Server 2.7.7.15038 ed_sound.dll

Gracey

On our server we do not have the sound drivers enabled. DCS creates crash & dump files. 

This causes our RMM to send a app crash. I am wondering if there is something that could be fixed in a later update so that at least server does not have this issue. You can imagine getting a message every few hours is a little annoying 😛

I've attached the files if can take a look at them. Thanks

dcs.20211112-002158.crash dcs.20211112-002158.dmp

❤️

• ED Team

Please attach crash-archive dcs_xxxxxx.zip and dxdiag

Is server crashes immediately after launch or some time later?

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

On 11/11/2021 at 11:31 PM, USSR_Rik said:

Please attach crash-archive dcs_xxxxxx.zip and dxdiag

Is server crashes immediately after launch or some time later?

Hello there, Thank you for the response. 

Where can I find the crash archive? and I will attach the DXdiag with that file. 

On 11/12/2021 at 8:07 AM, c0ff said:

I've taken a look at the dump: DCS crashes on exit in releasing a system interface. This is a local driver/system problem.

Which version of Windows you are running?

We are running Windows Server 2019.
We have the sound drivers disabled on the system as it is a server and there is no reason to enable them. Obviously the best solution would be to enable them, but again, we don't enable them since we don't need them. 

I figure it would be best to work it out, this way other users do not get the same issue. 

If there is anything else I can provide, let me know. Thanks for taking a look at this.

❤️

• ED Team
17 hours ago, Gracey said:

We are running Windows Server 2019.

We have the sound drivers disabled on the system as it is a server and there is no reason to enable them. Obviously the best solution would be to enable them, but again, we don't enable them since we don't need them. 

Disabling all the sound drivers on my Win10 system didn't help to reproduce the issue. Looks like it's a Windows Server problem.

Anyway, when running in the dedicated server mode DCS does not render any sound and does not open audio devices.

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

59 minutes ago, c0ff said:

Disabling all the sound drivers on my Win10 system didn't help to reproduce the issue. Looks like it's a Windows Server problem.

Anyway, when running in the dedicated server mode DCS does not render any sound and does not open audio devices.

Okay not sure the reason it’s crashing then. That doesn’t make any sense. If it’s not using the audio drivers, then why is it throwing the dll? 

❤️

18 hours ago, Flappie said:

In "Saved Games/DCS.../Logs".

So the server does not have this on there, but I think it is because the server is not CRASHING, but it is creating the crash and dump files when it is closing. 
So this file would not exist I think?

❤️

• ED Team
On 11/16/2021 at 1:06 AM, Gracey said:

Okay not sure the reason it’s crashing then. That doesn’t make any sense. If it’s not using the audio drivers, then why is it throwing the dll? 

It crashes on releasing the system device enumerator - the API to know which devices are installed if any.

I'll check if it is feasible to not use this API at all in the dedicated server mode.

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.