F-15E WIP Update Discussion

DSplayer

1 hour ago, Blinde said:

Does the F-15E have FBW? I tried to look it up but I'm not sure.

I just did a quick research on the internet and it seems that fly-by-wire comes only for the more recent model like the F15QA/SA and the F15EX.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The F-15E is predominantly a standard hydromechanical conventional aircraft but it does have an electronic “Control Augmentation System” or CAS.

This system provides increased damping on all 3 axis and helps in various ways to improve the handling qualities of the aircraft. But it is not like the F-18 where it limits your Gs, Roll/Pitch rate or AoA.

it’s limited authority so if you decide to do dumb stuff it probably won’t be able to stop you 😉

• Like 2

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

The F-15E is nothing more than the avionics-modified and reinforced F-15D airframe. He got the extras supporting the "communication between the pilot and the airframe", but he did not get anything more than a typical control system such as the f F-15C / D and sooner A / B.
Only the mentioned Q, S, EX versions got FBW.
The joke is that this plane in any of the versions does not need this system because from the beginning to the end it is an "aerodynamically stable" plane and thus from the beginning to the end it behaves like a typical aerodynamically flying structure with a constant center of gravity and stable system aerodynamic.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Blinde said:

Does the F-15E have FBW? I tried to look it up but I'm not sure.

Its basically no different than the C you have already as an FC3 aircraft. Under the hood, the CAS system is digital which gives it a little better reaction to inputs and it’s easier for itself to diagnose problems. From a flying perspective, you should expect the same handling characteristics for the most part, and the addition of a few small things that arent modeled. 

On 3/27/2022 at 7:52 PM, Rainmaker said:

Its basically no different than the C you have already as an FC3 aircraft. Under the hood, the CAS system is digital which gives it a little better reaction to inputs and it’s easier for itself to diagnose problems. From a flying perspective, you should expect the same handling characteristics for the most part, and the addition of a few small things that arent modeled. 

mostly true. The F-15E will be slower out the starting gate, and have a wider turn, but it's still going to be quite lethal in air to air, as well as air to ground.

10 hours ago, Tank50us said:

mostly true. The F-15E will be slower out the starting gate, and have a wider turn, but it's still going to be quite lethal in air to air, as well as air to ground.

I’m speaking of control authority and how CAS moves surfaces. Nothing to do with turn performance, etc. A FBW system interacts differently as there is no stick and surface direct interaction. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 4/29/2022 at 8:54 PM, shultlker said:

I know that razbam is working on F-15E suite 4+, but I didn't find any detailed description about suite numbers. So is our F-15E equipped with VHSIC CC rather than AP-1R?

I speak F-15 very fluently, and have no idea what those terms are you used. 

• Like 3

On 5/1/2022 at 2:59 AM, Rainmaker said:

I speak F-15 very fluently, and have no idea what those terms are you used. 

I believe he means the "Very High Speed Integrated Central Computer".

• Like 1

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

2 hours ago, Deano87 said:

I believe he means the "Very High Speed Integrated Central Computer".

Well…that sounds like one of the most obscure things one would find on the internet. In terms of simulation though, it really doesn't matter. Going from a MPDP/CC to the ADCP didnt greatly change anything out of the gate. No new wizz-bang things that would be apparent to anyone in a one vs the other scenario. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Pretty cool that their 3D artist seems to be continually working on making a new pilot/wso helmet. 

Also it seems like in the latest Air Combat Sim, they mentioned a video involving the F-15E coming out soon and another DCS news content creator had said that an F-15E video is also coming out soon. Can't wait to see what could be up next.

Edited by DSplayer
Missing an important word.
  • Like 2

-Tinkerer, Certified F-14 and AIM-54 Nut | Discord: @dsplayer

Setup: i7-8700k, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB 3066Mhz, Lots of Storage, Saitek/Logitech X56 HOTAS, TrackIR + TrackClipPro
Modules: F-14, F/A-18, JF-17, F-16C, Mirage 2000C, FC3, F-5E, Mi-24P, AJS-37, AV-8B, A-10C II, AH-64D, MiG-21bis, F-86F, MiG-19P, P-51D, Mirage F1, L-39, C-101, SA342M, Ka-50 III, Supercarrier, F-15E
Maps: Caucasus, Marianas, South Atlantic, Persian Gulf, Syria, Nevada

Mods I've Made: F-14 Factory Clean Cockpit Mod | Modern F-14 Weapons Mod | Iranian F-14 Weapons Pack | F-14B Nozzle Percentage Mod + Label Fix | AIM-23 Hawk Mod for F-14 

3 hours ago, DSplayer said:

Pretty cool that their 3D artist seems to be continually working on making a new pilot/wso helmet. 

Also it seems like in the latest Air Combat Sim, they mentioned a video involving the F-15E coming out soon and another DCS news content creator had said that a F-15E is also coming out soon. Can't wait to see what could be up next.

I think Ron from Razbam said he hoped/expected it to be released during 2022, so soon is perhaps a little optimistic and with the Strike Eagle hype then it has been close to release several times now 😄

• Like 1

molon-labe-black-header.jpg

59 minutes ago, Bedouin said:

I think Ron from Razbam said he hoped/expected it to be released during 2022, so soon is perhaps a little optimistic and with the Strike Eagle hype then it has been close to release several times now 😄

Crap I actually forgot to include a word in there that completely changed the meaning of the sentence. I was talking about an upcoming F-15E video that was hinted at by both Ron and that other content creator I mentioned.

Hype train for the F-15E tho. 2 weeks™.

• Like 1

-Tinkerer, Certified F-14 and AIM-54 Nut | Discord: @dsplayer

Setup: i7-8700k, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB 3066Mhz, Lots of Storage, Saitek/Logitech X56 HOTAS, TrackIR + TrackClipPro
Modules: F-14, F/A-18, JF-17, F-16C, Mirage 2000C, FC3, F-5E, Mi-24P, AJS-37, AV-8B, A-10C II, AH-64D, MiG-21bis, F-86F, MiG-19P, P-51D, Mirage F1, L-39, C-101, SA342M, Ka-50 III, Supercarrier, F-15E
Maps: Caucasus, Marianas, South Atlantic, Persian Gulf, Syria, Nevada

Mods I've Made: F-14 Factory Clean Cockpit Mod | Modern F-14 Weapons Mod | Iranian F-14 Weapons Pack | F-14B Nozzle Percentage Mod + Label Fix | AIM-23 Hawk Mod for F-14 

1 hour ago, DSplayer said:

Crap I actually forgot to include a word in there that completely changed the meaning of the sentence. I was talking about an upcoming F-15E video that was hinted at by both Ron and that other content creator I mentioned.

Hype train for the F-15E tho. 2 weeks™.

Lol no problems, it happens 😉

• Like 1

molon-labe-black-header.jpg

9 hours ago, Bedouin said:

Following the history of work on the F-15E, I start to wonder if someone made a mistake and "to be relase during of 2022" was not actually supposed to be realse during 3022 ...

😄 😄

Dude, that’s like…a million years! (S)

I predicted 2024 back in 2017.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

3 hours ago, scommander2 said:

A quick question: are the most instruments clickable for F-15E?

I think so, after all it is a full-fidelity module.

Edited by Topo
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Topo said:

I think so, after all it is a sull-fidelity module.

that is wonderful 🙂

Dell XPS 9730, i9-13900H, DDR5 64GB, Discrete GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080, 1+2TB M.2 SSD, TM HOTAS Warthog/TPR, TKIR5/TrackClipPro, Win 11 Pro

3 hours ago, ApacheLongbow said:

TBH, I really doubt, unless they plan to release it without an AI backseater. AFAIK, they haven't even finished its design concept phase yet, thus no coding done whatsoever..

You’re wrong or at least ill informed on all accounts…..

First of all, we’ve already seen it fly, cycle through HUD modes and fire AMRAAMs at bugged targets on the Radar (in TWS).

Secondly we’re not getting a Backseat AI (would be useless and a monumental waste of resources anyway).

I invite you to take a look at this thread as you can follow all the developments from the last couple of months (but keep discussion to this thread)

• Like 4

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

13 minutes ago, FoxOne007 said:

Secondly we’re not getting a Backseat AI (would be useless and a monumental waste of resources anyway).

I suggest you listen to episode 27 of the Air Combat Sim podcast. Ron mentions that they want to implement a simplified backseat AI tool which can probably do things like run the TGP etc. From what I remember he doesn't mention if that would be a thing at release or not, I would guess not. So I don't see it effecting the release.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Proud owner of:

27 minutes ago, Deano87 said:

I suggest you listen to episode 27 of the Air Combat Sim podcast. Ron mentions that they want to implement a simplified backseat AI tool which can probably do things like run the TGP etc. From what I remember he doesn't mention if that would be a thing at release or not, I would guess not. So I don't see it effecting the release.

I have heard that. Imo that’s not on the same level as a Jester/George/Petrovich level of AI

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If i understand correctly, almost all systems in the eagle are duplicated between the seats; so a simplified (or totally absent) AI isn't a problem.

Did i get it right?

thanks

The F-15E Strike Eagle ... Has completely duplicate weapon handling systems for the front and rear seats. The WSO is to handle the A-G weapons due to the large variety of these weapons carried by the machine. The pilot has his own tasks and WSO exempts him from the obligation to know the specifications of each bomb, rocket, etc., and thus how to use them best. But each type of weapon can be launched / released by the pilot himself without the help of WSO. Sam can handle TGP.
Since the F-16C, F / A-18C can easily perform their A-G tasks only with the "front seat" - what's the point of pushing some AI to the F-15E? Either you handle it yourself or you will fly in two.
And I'd rather have them fine-tune things this way instead of wasting time and work on some retarded AI in the back seat.

And one more thing - WSO can also independently drive the machine without a pilot;) But probably everyone knows that ... and this what I wrote above ... 😉

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...