F-15E WIP Update Discussion

DSplayer

There are tons of people who also fly multiplayer and they don't visit the forums. Where I play around 80% of the people don't enter the forums, and the rest just enter to read.

Only ED knows. I believe the ammount of players playing online did increase, and a some people play both SP and MP.

Edited by Ignition

Single player would be able to hop between seats, so not sure exactly what the cause for concern here is. You jump seats, flip a switch, jump back. If you wanna hang out back there for a bit, the rear seat should he able to fly too. Not a big deal at all. The switches that are back there are not labor intensive. You turn stuff on at startup or during the fence, turn it off on the way home. 

1 minute ago, Rainmaker said:

Single player would be able to hop between seats, so not sure exactly what the cause for concern here is. You jump seats, flip a switch, jump back. If you wanna hang out back there for a bit, the rear seat should he able to fly too. Not a big deal at all. The switches that are back there are not labor intensive. You turn stuff on at startup or during the fence, turn it off on the way home. 

I think it would be a better experience if there is a WSO on board be that AI in single player or a human in multiplayer. Otherwise the same argument could apply to multiplayer, save bothering on making it multicrew and just have one slot per plane and allow the person to jump seats. Doesn't sound great though...

• Like 2

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

1 hour ago, Baldrick33 said:

I think it would be a better experience if there is a WSO on board be that AI in single player or a human in multiplayer. Otherwise the same argument could apply to multiplayer, save bothering on making it multicrew and just have one slot per plane and allow the person to jump seats. Doesn't sound great though...

The extra person, or AI, basically adds to but doesn't take away from is all I’m saying. It’s like there is some sort of concern that there may not be an AI. If there isn’t, a single person can still accomplish everything. You wont be system restricted and ‘can’t do this’ or ‘can’t do that’ is what I’m saying. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rainmaker said:

At the moment it is not possible to switch seats in MP in multicrew modules.

At least it's not possible in the Apache, Hind, Hip, Huey and Gazelle (haven't tried the Tomcat lately)

But fair enough, if indeed all systems can be operated from either seat, there would be less need for an AI crew member.

Edited by sirrah
  • Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

23 minutes ago, sirrah said:

At the moment it is not possible to switch seats in MP in multicrew modules.

At least it's not possible in the Apache, Hind, Hip, Huey and Gazelle (haven't tried the Tomcat lately)

It's now possible to switch seat in the Tomcat in MP just like in SP,Heatblur just added this feature to the Tomecat recently,and ED is working on it for the Apache

Kyoto Animation forever!

14 hours ago, Rainmaker said:

The extra person, or AI, basically adds to but doesn't take away from is all I’m saying. It’s like there is some sort of concern that there may not be an AI. If there isn’t, a single person can still accomplish everything. You wont be system restricted and ‘can’t do this’ or ‘can’t do that’ is what I’m saying. 

In my view AI in multicrew aircraft provides a great opportunity to be both more realistic by sharing the workload as per the real crew and make it more accessible again by sharing the workload and providing the pilot with assistance. Sure it can be done by jumping seats or doing everything from one seat but it adds to the workload.

DCS is obviously more complex than most games but with enough inclination most can grasp the fundamentals of flying and managing the onboard systems. Where the difficulty level rises steeply is doing all this in a combat (panic!) situation. There are experienced and very competent pilots here who could fly an F15 solo and ace it. Lesser mortals (like me) could do with some help and AI adds that opportunity to do just that without adding some kind of immersion breaking instructor mode.

• Like 2

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

A proper AI backseater would be an asset even to an experienced Eaglejet driver. After all, even the best pilots only have a single pair of eyes. No matter how many MFDs you have, a second person increases your SA by a large margin. The backseater might take over setting the jet up for attack, letting you scan for air threats, or it might be the other way around, with you focusing on the attack and the backseater watching your six. This will be particularly useful for high workload weapon types, such as MITL and LGBs.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, Mr. Wilson said:

Guys Tell me please Is there a topic where the developers update the date of the probable release of the module or not? there is generally at least some information about the timing when the module can go into early access?

No concrete information from RAZBAM on a release date yet. Some speculate it could be towards the end of this year and some think it will be in 2023 but as I previously stated, it's all speculation.  

Edited by JOYFUL_CLOVR

Specs: i7-11700k, RTX 3070 Ti, 64GB RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD

Squadron:

Capture.PNG

2 часа назад, JOYFUL_CLOVR сказал:

No concrete information from RAZBAM on a release date yet. Some speculate it could be towards the end of this year and some thing it will be in 2023 but as I previously stated, it's all speculation.  

I understood, thanks 

• 4 weeks later...

This was posted from the F15E WIP updates.

soo it means we can expect to have 3 functional pods on Razbams F15E?

• Like 1

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

• 1 month later...

1 minute ago, Lace said:

But my response would have made no sense in that thread, given the lack of context.  The non-discussion thread hasn't been updated for nearly two months.  Besides, I wasn't looking for discussion, just making a comment.  Ironically, you have now made it a discussion.  🤐

Did you know you can copy quotes to a different topic? Well, now you know. This way it would not have been without context. 

• Like 2

Adrenalin surging. 

Enjoyed MP SEII and SEIII even more  

Was a beta tester for Janes F-15 and couldn’t get enough of that. 

I recently bought DCS w FC3 and F-18, a new system, HP Reverb G2, TM HOTAS (and put the F-18 grip on the stick) for this one module.

Steep learning curve (for an old guy like me) but I am thrilled with every WIP update

1 hour ago, Phantom88 said:

Baltic Dragon has started working on The early manual and Training Missions…

Great, @baltic_dragon training missions are the best I have played, looking forward to getting the F-15E :thumbup:

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 6

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 3 weeks later...

PLEASE, Razbam, please release it!

I'm chewing my fingernails for about ten years now and there are barely any left of them.

Please, no more two weeks!

(I didn't know if there is any "begging-area" in this forum, so I posted it here. I needed to speak out somehow to calm my waiting-frustration a bit.)

• Like 1

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.