Client Aircraft Visible even when no one in role

CallsignPunch

I would image it wouldn't be very difficult to at least put an option in the ME to have aircraft that are client slots show up in the mission even when no one occupies the slot.  It would add a lot to the realism and environment instead of having an empty ramp until people spawn in. Make it a menu option for those who want less system strain to keep it as is.

• Like 5

i9-9900k, Asus ROG Strix Z390-3, 32GB DDR4-3000, MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 2TB Samsung 860 Evo SSD| Reverb G2| Custom Simpit- A variety of grips (TM/Virpil) on floor mounted TM Base, WinWing Super Tauris Throttles, Virpil Collective, TM Pedals, TM MFDs

Paid Module Wishlist: AH-64A, T-38, B-1B, U-2, MH-60 Pavehawk, A-10A

Map Wishlist: NAS Oceana (w/Norfolk and Expansive Ocean), Korea (Modern), Cuba, Columbia

Ai Wishlist: Ships, SOF infantry, SOF Vehicles, AH/MH-6, P8, 

Thanks guys, I was unaware of the script.  Still hope ED makes it a regular thing.

i9-9900k, Asus ROG Strix Z390-3, 32GB DDR4-3000, MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 2TB Samsung 860 Evo SSD| Reverb G2| Custom Simpit- A variety of grips (TM/Virpil) on floor mounted TM Base, WinWing Super Tauris Throttles, Virpil Collective, TM Pedals, TM MFDs

Map Wishlist: NAS Oceana (w/Norfolk and Expansive Ocean), Korea (Modern), Cuba, Columbia

+9999999

A 'visible before start' checkbox, similar to that found on ground starting AI aircraft set to late activation would be ideal. For me personally, it would be especially useful on aircraft carriers which leaves the deck quite barren.

On a slightly related note, what about an option for AI occupying unoccupied client aircraft, with the option to take over (this could be delayed so the AI takes over after a set amunt of time has elapsed, exactly the same way as uncontrolled aircraft with the perform command -> start advanced waypoint action).  

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 2 months later...

ED, any thoughts?

Be careful what you wish for.  With planes visible, they'll be subject to strafing and clog the airfield making it unusable by anyone in MP until a cleanup or server reset can be accomplished.  Don't get me wrong, I feel your pain when looking at an empty airfield when on servers made by people who don't give it much thought.

When I make a mission I try to have, at a minimum, 20% of the slots filled with static planes, personnel, and equipment.  The fewer the number of clients, the higher the number of statics.  At large airfields like Anderson or Nellis, I try to fill them with as many large bodies as I can; as they are visible from further away.

I see the issue here, I think a checkbox would be best.  Check the box to have the planes visible.  I do more squadron ops so I dont tend to have the issue of staffing my home base or the boat, but I see the issue for open MP PvP servers.

• Like 1