Does this work well in Open Beta 2.7.7?

After years of ground pounding in DCS I became into fighters recently and considering to purchase this campaign to have some fun in a good old Flanker, but not sure if it will work well with current OB version and installing stable just for it is not something I'd like to do.

Did anyone try it recently? Just want to know if it's passable trigger-wise and if not just how badly it's broken. I don't mind skipping 1 mission or so out of 20 with savegame edit, but if it's a mess I think I won't spend my miles on it. Any recent experience is appreciated 🙂

Edited by Fiztex

Well if anyone curious at the end I bought it and just now finished it without any issue. The only problem I had was fuel truck crashing into my wingman in the very first mission, so to avoid it just don't wait too long and go directly for a take off and you will be fine 😉

I feel like this campaign was a nice tutorial for a Flanker, I only catched AIM9 once for being too errogant and that's about it, although my wingman died a couple of times.. Will try now to play Fortress Mozdok and see how long I can survive there.. probably not very long 😁

Edited by Fiztex

• 2 weeks later...
27.11.2021 в 21:15, splash сказал:

I playee this campaign many years ago and I  remember I enjoyed. What campaign is Fortess Mordok? 

It's original SU-27 campaign included in FC3, named "Fortress Mozdok ". It's a pure masochism in default state as many things were changed since FC3, so it's not balanced any more. E.g. at some moment you probably won't be able to dodge 8x AMRAAMs launched on you in a row from the first try, so you'll need to find a working tactics to go through some missions. Still quite fun though because flanker is a blast to fly and all original campaigns are editable, so you can balance it out yourself, if needed. Simplicity of the aircraft and mission design won't force you to spend too much time doing nothing to retry the mission, like in some other campaigns in DCS.

Edited by Fiztex

• 6 months later...

Hi,

Too bad ED doesn't care about Ultimate Argument anymore. Don't know when this campaign last received an update... and with all the changes that have been made in the meantime...

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

Hi,

I haven't played this campaign in a while now. But an example of an error, 'the trucks of death' 😉

Watch from 1:06 - 2:18

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

3 минуты назад, kotor633 сказал:

Hi,

I haven't played this campaign in a while now. But an example of an error, 'the trucks of death' 😉

Watch from 1:06 - 2:18

Well, see my 2nd post in this topic 😉

This was the only "issue"  I had in this campaign. It's not really a problem as you can fire up su27 in less than a minute (you can fire both engines simultaneously) and just go for a takeoff. 

Edited by Fiztex