Nevada Map Question - Stand Alone DCS vs Steam version

1 hour ago, DrDetroit said:

I'd like to move the NTTR map to the Steam version; is this possible and if so how?  

It's not possible .. you can run DLC purchased at Steam on the stand-alone version of DCS, but purchases made at ED's Store can not be used on the Steam version of DCS.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

4 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

It's not possible .. you can run DLC purchased at Steam on the stand-alone version of DCS, but purchases made at ED's Store can not be used on the Steam version of DCS.

Hey, thanks for the answer, this is what I kind of figured.  Great map, maybe I'll need to just install the standalone version.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrDetroit said:

maybe I'll need to just install the standalone version.

I have both Steam games and independentr games (DCS and IL-2), and while Steam is very convenient, has faster downloads, and it's easier to repair the game if needed; there are still several advantages to going the stand-alone way:

1) The ED Store rewards customer fidelity by giving back 10% of each game purchase, in the form of ED miles, while Steam has nothing like it.

2) The ED store has more frequent Sales than Steam along the year, and stand-alone allows you to use DLC purchased at either store, while Steam allows only purchases on their Store.

3) The stand-alone version gives you the ability to test-run DLC for up to two weeks each, with no purchase obligation. Steam instead allows you to return a DLC within 14 days if played less than 2 hours, but who can really check a DLC in under 2 hours, you wont even be able to play its training missions.

4) Finally, when you purchase at ED, 100% of your dollars reach the developer, while if you purchase at Steam, only 70% reaches ED.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB