Please help - SRS problem

Talisman_VR

Hi Folks,

Please help.  I have spent many hours over days trying to sort this.  I have no problems with SRS for the other aircraft I fly in DCS, but the Huey is giving me a big problem.

My problem is that when I join a server I can transmit with my SRS push to talk button perfectly well in the 'select role' area, for example on UHF Guard channel, but as soon as I am in the cockpit and start engines and turn on radios they don't work for me 😞 

Push to talk will no longer work and I can't get a green light on the SRS overlay for any of channels listed.

The UHF radio is turned on and set to transmit and number 2 is selected on the dial for primary comms air-to-air, but no joy at all.

Thing is, I can receive OK and hear my mate talking to me, but I am unable to transmit to him.  No joy with VHF either.

Any suggestions as to what the problem might be would be very gratefully received.

Happy landings,

Talisman 

Bell_UH-1 side.png

While I understand desire to use in-game selector, change settings so you select radios via SRS. 

If you are flying alone, it's not a big deal, but with your settings you will be hot mic on intercom. I, for one, will not allow anyone to fly with me with hot mic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, admiki said:

While I understand desire to use in-game selector, change settings so you select radios via SRS. 

If you are flying alone, it's not a big deal, but with your settings you will be hot mic on intercom. I, for one, will not allow anyone to fly with me with hot mic.

Sorry, but I don't understand your reply at all.  I never use hot mic and hate hot mic, so you have totally confused me. 😕

I simply can't get my radio to transmit when I press my SRS push to talk button, even though the radio is switched on.  I am not trying to us internal ac intercom, I am simply trying to communicate with pilots in other ac on the same frequency. 

I fly MP, so this is a problem.  If anyone has an idea as to why my Huey radio will not transmit to human players on SRS, even though I can hear them, I would very much appreciate any useful feedback.  Thanks.

P.S.  The move up and down channels selector key bindings in SRS are not working for me either, so can't change channels via SRS in the Huey for some reason.  😞 

Happy landings,

Talisman

Edited by Talisman_VR

Bell_UH-1 side.png

4 hours ago, Talisman_VR said:

Sorry, but I don't understand your reply at all.  I never use hot mic and hate hot mic, so you have totally confused me. 😕

I simply can't get my radio to transmit when I press my SRS push to talk button, even though the radio is switched on.  I am not trying to us internal ac intercom, I am simply trying to communicate with pilots in other ac on the same frequency. 

I fly MP, so this is a problem.  If anyone has an idea as to why my Huey radio will not transmit to human players on SRS, even though I can hear them, I would very much appreciate any useful feedback.  Thanks.

P.S.  The move up and down channels selector key bindings in SRS are not working for me either, so can't change channels via SRS in the Huey for some reason.  😞 

Happy landings,

Talisman

OK, screenshot your SRS settings so I can check them over. 

What I said is that if you are using in game radio selector and not SRS bindings to change radios, that will cause hot mic on intercom if you fly with someone else in same helicopter.

• Thanks 1

On 11/12/2021 at 7:34 PM, Talisman_VR said:

Hi Folks,

Please help.  I have spent many hours over days trying to sort this.  I have no problems with SRS for the other aircraft I fly in DCS, but the Huey is giving me a big problem.

My problem is that when I join a server I can transmit with my SRS push to talk button perfectly well in the 'select role' area, for example on UHF Guard channel, but as soon as I am in the cockpit and start engines and turn on radios they don't work for me 😞 

Push to talk will no longer work and I can't get a green light on the SRS overlay for any of channels listed.

The UHF radio is turned on and set to transmit and number 2 is selected on the dial for primary comms air-to-air, but no joy at all.

Thing is, I can receive OK and hear my mate talking to me, but I am unable to transmit to him.  No joy with VHF either.

Any suggestions as to what the problem might be would be very gratefully received.

Happy landings,

Talisman 

Hi. Can't tell if this will work for you, but I'll tell my setup and maybe you can reproduce and use it;

1 In SRS: "Settings" tab, set "radio Switch works as PTT" to ON, and "Allow INCOCLPIT DCS Controlled PTT" also to ON.

2 In DCS: in the controller set up screen, I have joy's "First trigger detent" to "Pilot ICS radio" (RShift+SPC), and second detent to "Pilot Radio trigger" (RAlt+\). IF no two stages detent, I suggest you go for the second one as ICS is mainly for MP usage with Copilot or gunners.

Let's hope this will do the trick, as SRS is a blast when properly used!

Saludos.

Saca111

• Thanks 1

Hi Folks,

Very many thanks for your help.  I have attached my settings below.  

My problem is that when I join a MP server I can transmit with my SRS push to talk button perfectly well and I get a green light on the SRS overlay in the 'select role' area, for example on UHF Guard channel, but as soon as I am in the cockpit and start engines and turn on radios they don't work for me.  Push to talk SRS button will no longer transmit and I can't get a green light on the SRS overlay for any of channels listed.

It seems like the Huey interfaces with SRS in a different way than the other aircraft I fly.

SRS1.png

SRS2.png

Bell_UH-1 side.png

12 hours ago, Talisman_VR said:

Hi Folks,

Very many thanks for your help.  I have attached my settings below.  

My problem is that when I join a MP server I can transmit with my SRS push to talk button perfectly well and I get a green light on the SRS overlay in the 'select role' area, for example on UHF Guard channel, but as soon as I am in the cockpit and start engines and turn on radios they don't work for me.  Push to talk SRS button will no longer transmit and I can't get a green light on the SRS overlay for any of channels listed.

It seems like the Huey interfaces with SRS in a different way than the other aircraft I fly.

SRS1.png

SRS2.png

Turn "in cockpit controled PTT" to OFF. 

• Thanks 1

For any aircraft

Open the SRS overlay, hit the ? Mark

It explains what the aircraft supports and how your current settings apply in relation to that

Sent from my HD1903 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

10 hours ago, Ciribob said:

For any aircraft

Open the SRS overlay, hit the ? Mark

It explains what the aircraft supports and how your current settings apply in relation to that

Thanks Ciribob.  Did that and followed instructions to disable radio switch control in SRS and disable DCS PTT in SRS but still no joy.  The radios are working as I can get them to hiss in my ear when tested, but can't transmit and even when tuned to the correct channel I am not getting a green light on the overlay.  Thanks for trying.

Perhaps I need a fresh installation of SRS.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png

11 hours ago, admiki said:

Turn "in cockpit controled PTT" to OFF. 

Thanks admiki.  Tried that but still no joy.  Not able to transmit and no green light on the SRS overlay even when radio is on and turned to correct channel.  The radios are working because I can get them to hiss in my ear when I use test button or squelch button.

Thanks for trying.  I might try a fresh installation of SRS.  This is all far from simple, lol.  I have had no trouble with SRS until I tried the Huey.  A bit fed up with all this now I am afraid.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Hi Folks,

Would anyone be kind enough to post screen shots of their SRS settings specifically for the Huey?

Happy landings,

Talisman

Edited by Talisman_VR

Bell_UH-1 side.png

For the Huey in SRS

Enable always allow SRS hotkeys.
Disable allow in cockpit DC's PTT
Enable radio switch works as PTT

This is the least realistic setup but the most user friendly

This will work the same as per the f16, f16 etc

For this you need 4 binds
Radio 1-3 and intercom in SRS

As I said above though - the help screen in SRS will help explain this.

• Thanks 1

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

13 hours ago, Talisman_VR said:

Thanks admiki.  Tried that but still no joy.  Not able to transmit and no green light on the SRS overlay even when radio is on and turned to correct channel.  The radios are working because I can get them to hiss in my ear when I use test button or squelch button.

Thanks for trying.  I might try a fresh installation of SRS.  This is all far from simple, lol.  I have had no trouble with SRS until I tried the Huey.  A bit fed up with all this now I am afraid.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Hi Folks,

Would anyone be kind enough to post screen shots of their SRS settings specifically for the Huey?

Happy landings,

Talisman

Try to disable "auto select profile for aircraft" and "auto select first channel preset"

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Ciribob said:

For the Huey in SRS

Enable always allow SRS hotkeys.
Disable allow in cockpit DC's PTT
Enable radio switch works as PTT

This is the least realistic setup but the most user friendly

This will work the same as per the f16, f16 etc

For this you need 4 binds
Radio 1-3 and intercom in SRS

As I said above though - the help screen in SRS will help explain this.

Many thanks.  Now working.  🙂

Great to finally get a solution for the Huey, which seems a tad difficult compared to other ac I fly in DCS.

Struggling with enough buttons though, lol, and in VR.

I will explore how much this will have changed things for me with the warbirds I fly later.

Thanks again for your time and trouble.  Very kind of you.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Edited by Talisman_VR
  • Like 1

Bell_UH-1 side.png

12 hours ago, Talisman_VR said:

Many thanks.  Now working.  🙂

Great to finally get a solution for the Huey, which seems a tad difficult compared to other ac I fly in DCS.

Struggling with enough buttons though, lol, and in VR.

I will explore how much this will have changed things for me with the warbirds I fly later.

Thanks again for your time and trouble.  Very kind of you.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Nice. Enjoy!

Saludos.

Saca111