Gun CCIP issues

Sylosis

I'm not a pro with the Harrier but I'm fairly certain from all the times I have played, this is the first time I face this issue. The Gun CCIP doesn't give me proper info. I'm almost hitting the ground and the piper still is showing a full circle as if I'm not close to having my rounds hit the ground.

What am I doing wrong?

Edited by Sylosis

Windows 10-64bits, i7-8700k, GTX 1080Ti, 32 Gb RAM, MSI Monitor 32in 165Hz.

Mirage 2000C, F5-E, Mig21bis, A10-C, FC3, F-18, AV-8B N/A, F-14, F-16, SuperCarrier

What is your target designation showing? Gun pipper takes the target designation point elevation to calculate proper impact position. If that designation is on wrong location (i.e. not where you are about to shoot) and the elevation of that point is different, that would be the reason why the pipper is not showing correct info.

There are 2 ways of fixing this. 1. make a target designation where your targets are and you'll get proper aiming info. 2. you undesignate everything, then the piper will use still magically working ARBS to calculate the proper solution. I say magically because it always knows correct distance, even when you don't fly proper attack profile so the angle rates could calculate

2 hours ago, Vakarian said:

What is your target designation showing? Gun pipper takes the target designation point elevation to calculate proper impact position. If that designation is on wrong location (i.e. not where you are about to shoot) and the elevation of that point is different, that would be the reason why the pipper is not showing correct info.

There are 2 ways of fixing this. 1. make a target designation where your targets are and you'll get proper aiming info. 2. you undesignate everything, then the piper will use still magically working ARBS to calculate the proper solution. I say magically because it always knows correct distance, even when you don't fly proper attack profile so the angle rates could calculate

Well that's the thing, I didn't want to designate, as I wanted to perform quick attacks. 

That being said, I did "undesignate" and I was still getting the circle staying full no matter what. 

Mirage 2000C, F5-E, Mig21bis, A10-C, FC3, F-18, AV-8B N/A, F-14, F-16, SuperCarrier

4 minutes ago, Wisky said:

since last update you need to go back to INS to undesignate if you are in tpod mode

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "going back to INS". Could you please explain?

5 hours ago, Wisky said:

so to control your tpod you need to switch to tpod hotas mode by 2x depressing SSS.

to go out of that mode again and into INS mode you 2x depess SSS again.

now you can undesignate a system designation

oh wow ok. It's been like that since a recent patch you say? 

That's good info and most likely what I did wrong.

That being said... I'm wondering when they'll stop changing the systems. It's frustrating when you start to get the hang of a module and they keep modifying how it behaves....I can understand they want to make it closer to the real thing but man, why not have it like that in the first place

Hello @Sylosis,

We would have loved to make it right and spot on in the first place, but unfortunately we lacked some documents or SME's intels concerning some systems, and tried our best with whatever source we had available.

Concerning your issue :
As a general rule of thumb, the Harrier always need a designation on the target to give you proper delivery computing. Know that the used sensor will have an influence on the quality of the computing (for example, designating in INS mode with a drifted INS can give you wrong computation). This aircraft does not have a Radar, and can therefore not really give you continuous computation if you're not telling the system where to look. For a gun run for example, you don't really need to put the designation right on the target, putting it in the general area at the same elevation is usually enough.

In the current Open Beta you can undesignate in TPOD mode, as well as any other designation mode, with the NWS button. In stable it may be different and you may need to go into INS but that's a bug, as it's fixed in the OB, it should make its way to stable in no too long.

Cheers,

Alpha

• Like 3

20 hours ago, AlphaJuliet said:

Hello @Sylosis,

We would have loved to make it right and spot on in the first place, but unfortunately we lacked some documents or SME's intels concerning some systems, and tried our best with whatever source we had available.

Concerning your issue :
As a general rule of thumb, the Harrier always need a designation on the target to give you proper delivery computing. Know that the used sensor will have an influence on the quality of the computing (for example, designating in INS mode with a drifted INS can give you wrong computation). This aircraft does not have a Radar, and can therefore not really give you continuous computation if you're not telling the system where to look. For a gun run for example, you don't really need to put the designation right on the target, putting it in the general area at the same elevation is usually enough.

In the current Open Beta you can undesignate in TPOD mode, as well as any other designation mode, with the NWS button. In stable it may be different and you may need to go into INS but that's a bug, as it's fixed in the OB, it should make its way to stable in no too long.

Cheers,

Alpha

Thanks for giving more info, I'll look into it for sure and I'm a OB user (like most people I guess?)