DCS & WINDOWS 11

Orestd

• 1 month later...

After updating to Windows 11 I tried to update to DCS 2.7. I got an error saying I didn't have enough room in the Download Folder, but there was more than enough room on the C drive itself so I uninstalled and then reinstalled DCS.

Now I can not get the DCS game to match my monitor. I originally had the monitor set for 1920x1080 at 150%, which has worked great on a 40" TV. If I set the monitor to 1920x1080 at 100% the game compresses too much and sets itself at a different size and screen resolution. I can go into the game settings and make changes but it has no effect. I've even tried to change the lua file...it said I did not have permission to save the file to that location. 

I'm thinking about changing back to Windows 10.

Any suggestions?

My system: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8 Core 3.59 GHz, 32 GB Ram, 64 bit. My monitor is a 40" Smart TV.

I've had no troubles prior to switching to Win 11 and reinstalling DCS 2.7

What does the UAC have to do with the game size within the monitor?

I missed the 10 day window to roll back to Windows 10 so I'll have to figure out what I need to revert my system as the game is unplayable in its current state.

Edited by Wolf 37

57 minutes ago, Wolf 37 said:

What does the UAC have to do with the game size within the monitor?

Referring to the fact you did not have permission to edit the lua file I believe.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

On 1/4/2022 at 2:54 AM, Nodak said:

Disable UAC and get your windows back under YOUR control.  They went way overboard with it in 11. 

https://winaero.com/windows-11-disable-user-account-control-uac/

If your machine is connected to a public network, for example the internet, you shouldn't disable it. It makes it so much easier for hackers to cause damage to your system or your finances.

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

On 1/3/2022 at 7:30 PM, Wolf 37 said:

After updating to Windows 11 I tried to update to DCS 2.7. I got an error saying I didn't have enough room in the Download Folder, but there was more than enough room on the C drive itself so I uninstalled and then reinstalled DCS.

Now I can not get the DCS game to match my monitor. I originally had the monitor set for 1920x1080 at 150%, which has worked great on a 40" TV. If I set the monitor to 1920x1080 at 100% the game compresses too much and sets itself at a different size and screen resolution. I can go into the game settings and make changes but it has no effect. I've even tried to change the lua file...it said I did not have permission to save the file to that location. 

I'm thinking about changing back to Windows 10.

Any suggestions?

My system: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8 Core 3.59 GHz, 32 GB Ram, 64 bit. My monitor is a 40" Smart TV.

I've had no troubles prior to switching to Win 11 and reinstalling DCS 2.7

Did you install DCS to C:\Program Files?

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

27 minutes ago, Wolf 37 said:

Yes

That could be your issue... permissions.

I would move your DCS install out to it's own root folder.

C:\EagleDynamics\DCS

You can likely skip the Saved Games move

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

• 3 months later...

Been running Win 11 since release and no issues at all… except when trying oculus vr.. oculus app isn’t “ win 11 compatible” yet.. there’s some workarounds but I don’t mess with it as I prefer 2d for DCS

Edited by MadKreator

Intel i7 13700k, ASUS  rog strix z790A, 64gigs G.Skill Trident DDR5 @6400Mhz, Nvidia  RTX 4080FE, 2x 2TB Samsung M.2 NVME, 2x 1TB Samsung SSD,  Corsair RM1000x, Corsair h100i 240mm cooler, Lian Li LanCool 3, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate, VKB STECS , MFG Crosswinds, Track IR5, 48” LG UltraGear OLED & HP 24” touchscreen for Helios, Streamdeck XL, DCS-UFC App, Corsair Virtuoso RGB Headphones

Using DCS on Windows 11, with the new fix for Oculus it´s runs perfect, even i think it´s smoother if you ask me...

NZXT H9 Flow Black | Intel Core i5 13600KF OCed P5.6 E4.4 | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB C30 OCed 6600 C32 | nVidia GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition |  Western Digital SN770 2TB | Gigabyte GP-UD1000GM PG5 ATX 3.0 1000W | SteelSeries Apex 7 | Razer Viper Mini | SteelSeries Artics Nova 7 | LG OLED42C2 | Xiaomi P1 55"

Virpil T-50 CM2 Base + Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | WinWing Orion 2 F16EX Viper Throttle  | WinWing ICP | 3 x Thrustmaster MFD | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Oculus Quest 2

DCS World | Persian Gulf | Syria | Flaming Cliff 3 | P-51D Mustang | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw-109 A-8 | A-10C II Tank Killer | F/A-18C Hornet | F-14B Tomcat | F-16C Viper | F-15E Strike Eagle | M2000C | Ka-50 BlackShark III | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | SuperCarrier

Just went W11 via upgrade from W10pro. Admittedly a pretty smooth experience - well done MS.

Apart from some privacy violations they tried to sneak in and some stupid default settings and Apps (Instagram? Facebook? etc… 🤮), as usual, it worked very well.

In fact - to my surprise - they even kept 95% of my settings for customization and privacy like they were.

Haven‘t done much testing yet, but DCS performance is identical to the decimal digits (in 2D, haven’t tried VR yet). No AMD related problems as far as I can tell.

System: 5900x, 3080, 64GB.

They seem to have ironed out the major issues from the start. I‘m optimistic. Let’s see what the long term experience will reveal.

Edited by Hiob

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

• 2 weeks later...

My windows 11 was fine for a short time now I am having some issues. In VR with the VR settings checked to Confine cursor to window It will not stay confined. Mission Editor Issues Setup a dog fight. Random issues pop up. Load mission 1st time Normal. Randomly I kill 1 of 2 German planes then I die. Load mission to Fly again. Only 1 German plane will load in If I kill him then reload both might load in or maybe only 1 again. Randomly after I kill Both Enemy Planes (No Damage from them on me) I will be flying back to land everything is in the Green no issues then out of the Blue I have Failures every item in the plane that can fail will the list is as long as my arm. The plane falls out of the sky like it is in a flat spin with no forward movement even with it showing my speed at 220. I have random Failures turned OFF. I have used the Repair tool. I only have liveries and sound files as far as mods that are installed. Some other really funny crazy thing I am NOT sure are bugs but strange, My Wingman has randomly pull a hard inverted loop in his maneuvers at just the right time as he passes under me and Slams into me that has never happened before.  I've had 2 missions where the German Plane I shoot down after the Pilot bails out has looped around and slammed into me lol. I got shot down once and bailed out and landed right next to my crashed plane on fire then my Wingman shoots down the German that killed me and he bails out but his plane crashes into me on the ground. lol How crazy is that. None of my Saved Tracks with replay like how I flew them and end up crashing into the ground doing things I never did. I have had my wingman talking but not around like invisible at the start of the dogfight. Random crazy stuff. WWII planes P-51D Normandy and Channel maps. Vr I am using Open XR toolkit Open XR Developers Windows Mixed Reality and Open Composite. Open Composite is setup for all VR games to stop Steam VR from running. DCS is the Stand alone version not the Beta ver.

9 minutes ago, DishDoggie said:

My windows 11 was fine for a short time now I am having some issues. In VR with the VR settings checked to Confine cursor to window It will not stay confined. Mission Editor Issues Setup a dog fight. Random issues pop up. Load mission 1st time Normal. Randomly I kill 1 of 2 German planes then I die. Load mission to Fly again. Only 1 German plane will load in If I kill him then reload both might load in or maybe only 1 again. Randomly after I kill Both Enemy Planes (No Damage from them on me) I will be flying back to land everything is in the Green no issues then out of the Blue I have Failures every item in the plane that can fail will the list is as long as my arm. The plane falls out of the sky like it is in a flat spin with no forward movement even with it showing my speed at 220. I have random Failures turned OFF. I have used the Repair tool. I only have liveries and sound files as far as mods that are installed. Some other really funny crazy thing I am NOT sure are bugs but strange, My Wingman has randomly pull a hard inverted loop in his maneuvers at just the right time as he passes under me and Slams into me that has never happened before.  I've had 2 missions where the German Plane I shoot down after the Pilot bails out has looped around and slammed into me lol. I got shot down once and bailed out and landed right next to my crashed plane on fire then my Wingman shoots down the German that killed me and he bails out but his plane crashes into me on the ground. lol How crazy is that. None of my Saved Tracks with replay like how I flew them and end up crashing into the ground doing things I never did. I have had my wingman talking but not around like invisible at the start of the dogfight. Random crazy stuff. WWII planes P-51D Normandy and Channel maps. Vr I am using Open XR toolkit Open XR Developers Windows Mixed Reality and Open Composite. Open Composite is setup for all VR games to stop Steam VR from running. DCS is the Stand alone version not the Beta ver.

Seems Windows 11 also broke your enter key. 🤣

Edited by epoch
  • Like 1

No issues with Performance on an RTX3060 Laptop and Windows 11

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

56 minutes ago, DishDoggie said:

That doesn’t sound like a W11 related issue if you ask me……

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

33 minutes ago, Hiob said:

That doesn’t sound like a W11 related issue if you ask me……

Honestly I don't know what or why it is doing this. I just wanted to post and see if anyone had crazy stuff going on like this. I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and do a new install. lol not wanting to but it just might fix it.