Mirage 2000C 18/11/2021 update presentation

myHelljumper

20 minutes ago, jpvbx said:

Hello,

Sorry for this question, but, what is the procedure to update M2000 from Razbam?

It will be in the next update on friday.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

1 minute ago, Hodo said:

And does this make the 530D a semi fox 3?

No, you still need to support until impact, it won't have any fire and forget capability. The patch adds ways to recover the shot if you lose your STT lock, but that is not unique to the 530 (e..g the Tomcat does a similar thing when you fire a Sparrow and I think also a Phoenix).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TLTeo said:

No, you still need to support until impact, it won't have any fire and forget capability. The patch adds ways to recover the shot if you lose your STT lock, but that is not unique to the 530 (e..g the Tomcat does a similar thing when you fire a Sparrow and I think also a Phoenix).

Ok perfect same feature as the Tomcat.  That is nice.   If only the range was a little better.  But it is still the fastest missile.

Hi@all,

really amazing! The M2k just keeps getting better and better. I've been busy with the whole innovation for weeks now. Also a big thank you to Baltic for the revised version of the manual! I'm currently working my way through here. 

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

Just now, Hodo said:

Ok perfect same feature as the Tomcat.  That is nice.   If only the range was a little better.  But it is still the fastest missile.

It's not really the same feature as the Tomcat, it's more user friendly and a bit better tbh (although it accomplishes the same thihng).

Unlike the Tomcat, when you first lose your STT lock the radar automatically keeps guiding the missile over the extrapolated track, but it doesn't switch to a flood mode fixed to, say, the boresight of the aircraft (which is what happens with the Tomcat). You can choose to do that and salvage the shot with a HOTAS command (weapons systems cmd fwd if I remember correctly?), but you need to command that manually.

1 hour ago, Hodo said:

So does this mean the 530D will have more realistic range?  Instead of giving us a shoot cue at 8nm?

The logic behind the HUD's DLZ has been improved, so the range/fire cues are more accurate.

The range of the 530D hasn't changed, so if you already had a good "feel" for it's real DCS range(s), nothing will have changed i.e. if you knew to fire at 9 nm rather than wait for the previous cue at 8 nm.

The improved DLZ is particularly noticeable at higher altitudes vs faster (inbound) targets. 

On 11/13/2021 at 5:29 PM, myHelljumper said:

The time of flight and DLZ have been reworked, they now take the aircraft and target altitude, range, speed and aspect into account to give a more accurate information.

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

vor einer Stunde schrieb TLTeo:

You are right, look at DCS M-2000C Flight Manual EN.pdf page 267. That there should be something like that for the Sparrwo was not known to me ... 

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

Guys, you did a really good job, however I have a little bemol to signal, but I don't know if you can do anything: The SVG render really miss some anti-aliasing. With SSAA it's ok, but SSAA is too slow for me, so I prefer to use MSAA, and with MSAA, the SVG render is very aliased.

3 hours ago, sedenion said:

Guys, you did a really good job, however I have a little bemol to signal, but I don't know if you can do anything: The SVG render really miss some anti-aliasing. With SSAA it's ok, but SSAA is too slow for me, so I prefer to use MSAA, and with MSAA, the SVG render is very aliased.

Yes, SVG does upscale very well but its downscaling is more aliased than textures, this is a DCS limitation. For low res screens, we added the possibility to make lines thicker:

Copy
  Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\M-2000C\Cockpit\settings.lua
Into
 Saved Games\DCS\Config\M-2000C\settings.lua

Then, keep only the vth_thickness and vth_fuzziness lines, and adjust values (increase). This will improve aliasing on low resolutions. It's a temporary solution, we might add nice sliders in special options in the future.

• Thanks 1

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

4 hours ago, myHelljumper said:

Copy
  Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\M-2000C\Cockpit\settings.lua
Into
 Saved Games\DCS\Config\M-2000C\settings.lua

Yes I saw this, but this is really a weak workaround... I hope ED will implements some filtering for vector strokes.

Seems like we have a new control panel next to the NVG switch that neither the manual nor the change log mention a word. I wonder what that EVF (20 channels) thingy will serve for? 

Screen_211119_221812.png

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

8 minutes ago, RvETito said:

Seems like we have a new control panel next to the NVG switch that neither the manual nor the change log mention a word. I wonder what that EVF (20 channels) thingy will serve for? 

Screen_211119_221812.png

Thats for the TAF datalink

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

25 minutes ago, RvETito said:

Screen_211119_221812.png

Also have a look at this video, it shows how the mentioned panel is used.

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/286870-upcoming-feature-teleaffichage-taf-gci-datalink-complete-tutorial-and-editor-guide/

regards,

snappy

Zitat

More accurate TDC-driven range switching

How does this work now? I cant seem to get the VTB to switch ranges by just driving the TDC into the top or bottom anymore.

EDIT: okay I think I found the problem: if you lowered the Y saturation for the TDC axes, apparently the "momentum" of the TDC isnt enough to be recognized as touching the top/bottom "hard" enough to switch ranges. Is that correct? Anyways the TDC does feel far more precise now even with 100% axis saturation, did anything change there?

Edited by Zoddom

55 minutes ago, Zoddom said:

How does this work now? I cant seem to get the VTB to switch ranges by just driving the TDC into the top or bottom anymore.

EDIT: okay I think I found the problem: if you lowered the Y saturation for the TDC axes, apparently the "momentum" of the TDC isnt enough to be recognized as touching the top/bottom "hard" enough to switch ranges. Is that correct? Anyways the TDC does feel far more precise now even with 100% axis saturation, did anything change there?

Hi,

Yes the saturation needs to be removed for the TDC-driven range switching to work.

The TDC movement should also be smoother and easier now.

We will see to allow reduced saturation in the future.

• Like 1

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

• myHelljumper changed the title to Mirage 2000C 18/11/2021 update presentation

This is a great job guys !  🙂 I like this so much. All the differents mods and radar's settings are now finding sens and interest. The TAF mod is also interesting. The symbology. Everythings. The plane become more and more complete. All the details that come with this update to increase realism and our interest for the plane in the same time.

Thank you for this work ! 🙂 

Edited by Mav783
  • Like 1

Quick question, I can’t find how to assign antenna elevation to an axis anymore.

Am I missing something?

thanks!

Aorus Z690i, 13600K @5.5ghz, RTX4090, 32GB DDR4 3600 C16, SSD WD SN850 black, HP Reverb G2, Virpil WarBRD + MongoosT50 CM2 grip

2 hours ago, noxyd said:

Quick question, I can’t find how to assign antenna elevation to an axis anymore.
Am I missing something?

TL;DR:

The *real* HOTAS radar elevation control is a spring centered 3 position switch.

Directly mapping radar elevation to an axis is incompatible with how the radar works IRL, so had to be removed.

Detail

With Razbam's improved radar modelling,

• the "set" antenna elevation for each mode is remembered between mode changes,
• the radar will track a target's predicted altitude after losing lock
• the "elevation" control changes behaviour depending on whether it's is in elevation or altitude/ z mode.

Directly mapping an axis to radar elevation in a "simple" way is incompatible with these new functions/modes, so was removed.

Edited by Ramsay
  • Like 2

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080