Exposed Variables not working as intended - What am I missing ?

BlackSharkAce

Hi ,

I just updated to DCS OB to v2.7.7.15038, VAICOMPRO v2.5.26.0 and VA v1.8.9 and it looks like not all "exposed variables" work anymore.

Flying around in Caucasus in the FA-18C (free flight solo mission) I can get {TXT:vaicompro.serverdata.currentserver.theater} to work (returns Caucasus as expected) but both {TXT:vaicompro.playerdata.currentmodule.cat} and {TXT:vaicompro.playerdata.currentmodule.name} return "Not set".

In the attached picture we can see the module is detected and display in the VAICOMPRO configuration window, SRS also recognizes the module and switches to the correct profile.

It's a bummer because I use different button presses for my radios depending on the plane I'm flying.

Any clues ?

So far I tried the following:

-Running VA, VAICOMPRO, SRS, DCS as admin

-Repairing SRS & VAICOMPRO

-Searching for "vaicompro.playerdata.currentmodule" in the forums

-Verifying the command didn't change in the VAICOMPRO manual

Cheers,

Capture.PNG

Here is the VoiceAttack configuration. I expect it to output the currentmodule name and category along with the theater, but I only the theater seems to be working.

Capture2.PNG

Here is the relevant page in the user manual.

Capture.PNG

Edited by BlackSharkAce
  • Like 1

On 11/13/2021 at 2:15 PM, Hollywood_315 said:

Can you try again with build 2.5.26.1 from the website thanks

Thanks - I had this problem and it fixed it for me also. Just as an FYI for some reason it didn't work when I used the .msi installer file (I still had the same problem and it kept telling me that an update was available), only worked when I used the manual .dll installation.

Thanks - I had this problem and it fixed it for me also. Just as an FYI for some reason it didn't work when I used the .msi installer file (I still had the same problem and it kept telling me that an update was available), only worked when I used the manual .dll installation.

Yes, the .msk kept on doing a « repair » without actually updating the version.

2 hours ago, Shiroka said:

Could you elaborate a little how you did it?  I'm also getting the constant update notification