US Navy Fighter’s campaign for DCS

Rob_20

• 2 weeks later...

In the "Nightprowler" mission the KA-27s are nearly invincible.  All of them can take more than one hit.  The last round I played I hit one twice with a 9x, once with an AIM-120c and its was STILL flying.  I finally had to gun it down using half my 30mm.  Surely these things are not that tough in real life?

I can order my wingman to attack them, but he fires at one once, it continues to fly and he returns to formation.  Lather rinse repeat.  This isn't just one round.  It's consistent.  I've flown this mission at least half a dozen times already.  All 4 choppers are nearly impossible to kill, and I don't mean it's difficult to hit them.  Hitting them isn't the issue.  The issue is they seem to be able to take more damage than M1A1 and keep flying.  

Outside of this one glitch the campaign so far seems really good and I have very much enjoyed it.   Great job!

Can you check into this immortal issue with the Ka-27s please?  Thank you! 

Edited by AtomicMysteryWeasel
  • Like 1

Hi! When I tested the mission I noticed I also sometimes needed 2 aim 9x to defeat them. This must be a DCS bug that they are so tough. I will change the mission and re-upload on Monday. Look for an update message in the description page 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

hi, thanks for doing this! i never get to complete eviction notice, because the 727 keeps orbiting forever, although i am getting the message that they are heading to the ukrainian border, and i keep in close formation. i exclusively use the hornet. any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/31/2022 at 12:50 AM, HILOK said:

hi, thanks for doing this! i never get to complete eviction notice, because the 727 keeps orbiting forever, although i am getting the message that they are heading to the ukrainian border, and i keep in close formation. i exclusively use the hornet. any ideas?

The 727 began heading for the safe zone after I got near it after dealing with the migs .

PC Hardware: i9-12900k, RTX 3080 10GB, 32GB DDR5 4400MHz, NVME.2 Drives, Alienware 38" 3840x1600 144MHz Monitor, TrackIR Pro Clip, HP Reverb G2 V2 

Flight Controls: Winwing Orion 1 FA-18 Stick and Throttle HOTAS / Logitech Rudder Pedals

DCS Modules: Too many to list after the 15 year sale

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there. First, thank you very much for this campaign, it brings back some priceless memories. However, i am facing a problem in mission one. First thing i noticed is, that mission score was 50 after dealing with the MiG-31s and then jumped back to 0 after finishing the MiG-23s. Once i got in formation with the 727, mission score jumped again to 50 and i recieved the message that the 727 is heading for the ukrainian border. The 727 exited the orbit (left turning) but kept turning to the right forever and mission score jumped again back to zero. I stayed pretty close to the 727 but it kept turning right until i ran out of fuel. I´m flying the F/A-18. Any idea how to solve this?

Cheers

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus / 4x TM Cougar MFD / TM TPR / HP Reverb G2

• 1 month later...
On 5/5/2022 at 12:19 PM, VpR81 said:

Hi there. First, thank you very much for this campaign, it brings back some priceless memories. However, i am facing a problem in mission one. First thing i noticed is, that mission score was 50 after dealing with the MiG-31s and then jumped back to 0 after finishing the MiG-23s. Once i got in formation with the 727, mission score jumped again to 50 and i recieved the message that the 727 is heading for the ukrainian border. The 727 exited the orbit (left turning) but kept turning to the right forever and mission score jumped again back to zero. I stayed pretty close to the 727 but it kept turning right until i ran out of fuel. I´m flying the F/A-18. Any idea how to solve this?

Cheers

yeah i had the exact same issue.  probably its a new patch AI change that makes this fail now.  Im messing around in ME to fix it and i think it might be how the scripting is written to support four different aircraft you get to choose in its multiplayer-server-intended design. Im going to try updating it for single-player F14 use and also ensure all the tacans/ILS commands are implimented, new weather, etc.  (i do this for alot of older campaigns as a habit now, heh). This campaign seems worth the effort! its highly regarded.  at least we have the skip-mission feature as of this year to push past broken missions 🙂

• 1 year later...

Many thanks to the author! Does Mission 1 work with DCS 2.9? It crashes every single time for me while loading this mission. The Civil Aircraft Mod is installed and is working fine - I checked. I just want to save Yeltsin! 😄