Identify your wingman’s lock

Steved

Hi guys,

I am getting in to the A/A lately and flying together with a friend. He flies as my wingman but we are always locking on to the same target in a fight. Is there anyway to identify the target my friend is locked on? Can i see it on the SA page for example?

Many thanks!

Yep, exactly that. You should see a solid line on the SA from your wingman to what his L+S is. You will see a dashed line if he isn't "in your flight" in the ME.

I do believe this current implementation is incorrect or incomplete but this should be the way it works in DCS right now.

Mobius708

I don't think the selected DL channel currently has any affect on datalink contacts.

I know VOCA and VOCB work with SRS, but the F/F channels and AIC channels shouldn't affect anything. IIRC The default channel (127) is the designated "off" channel, where 1 through 126 are actual channels for usage.

Edited by Tholozor

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

11 hours ago, Tholozor said:

I don't think the selected DL channel currently has any affect on datalink contacts.

I know VOCA and VOCB work with SRS, but the F/F channels and AIC channels shouldn't affect anything. IIRC The default channel (127) is the designated "off" channel, where 1 through 126 are actual channels for usage

Interesting.  I did test after it changed in one mission (and unless it was random chance) when I had the default set to something other than 127 my wingman would disappear on off the SA page, and when set back to 127 it showed up again after a short delay.  I really haven't ever played with it before setting it back to 127 in this, so I have no idea what else works or not, but with the default mission settings, it seems to need to be on 127 to work.  This is occurring strictly with the channel that comes up on the UFC when pressing the D/L button, not talking about playing with anything in the MIDS page. 

1 hour ago, rob10 said:

Interesting.  I did test after it changed in one mission (and unless it was random chance) when I had the default set to something other than 127 my wingman would disappear on off the SA page, and when set back to 127 it showed up again after a short delay.  I really haven't ever played with it before setting it back to 127 in this, so I have no idea what else works or not, but with the default mission settings, it seems to need to be on 127 to work.  This is occurring strictly with the channel that comes up on the UFC when pressing the D/L button, not talking about playing with anything in the MIDS page. 

Interesting, I tried changing it and it didn't affect anything. Awacs still provided the SA picture with no problems. Maybe it is just for PPLI?

Stay safe

Hmmm ... after further testing, I'm not sure if it only effects it if you change WP with grid co-ordinates on the ground, or if it was just user error in the first place 🤔😳.  I can't reproduce while changing it in the air, even though it does change it to whatever the first 3 digits of grid co-ordinates.

Just now, rob10 said:

Hmmm ... after further testing, I'm not sure if it only effects it if you change WP with grid co-ordinates on the ground, or if it was just user error in the first place 🤔😳.  I can't reproduce while changing it in the air, even though it does change it to whatever the first 3 digits of grid co-ordinates.

The bug occures when you set the harm tgt.

Stay safe

3 hours ago, rob10 said:

I tested this now and changing the DL channel doesn't affect anything at all. All datalink functionality remains the same.

Stay safe

3 hours ago, hein22 said:

I tested this now and changing the DL channel doesn't affect anything at all. All datalink functionality remains the same.

Thanks.  Must have been user error on my part then (maybe I was looking at HSI rather than SA 🤔).  The reason I checked it originally was because I couldn't see my if my wingman had caught up with me on takeoff and I figured I knew I had changed a WP with grid entry.  I must have swapped back to the SA page when playing with it and thought that it was changing the D/L that did it.