I'm having trouble using U22/A for triangulation

edineygomes

I'm trying to use the ELINT system but when I land the aircraft and change the switch to the BER position, the triangulation doesn't show correctly on the website https://elint-app.firebaseapp.com/. It stays off the map. I used combatflite and it doesn't show triangulation either.

I turn the master mode switch to SPA, jammer operational mode to A and jammer mode to K. I go towards the target and when i'm detected, after a few seconds, I turn to the right and walk away, then I go towards the target again and do the same procedure several times. It does not show the triangulation box and is completely off the map. Does anyone have any tutorial on how to use this tool correctly?

• Like 1

This video gives a nice demonstration using the built in game features. But you need to fly around the emitter as much as possible, approaching from different angles and ideally circling it multiple times to get accurate results. Whether or not circling an emitter is realistic in a shooting war is another matter.

Edited by Sideburns

Ryzen 5800x@5Ghz | 96gb DDR4 3200Mhz | Asus Rx6800xt TUF OC | 500Gb OS SSD + 1TB Gaming SSD | Asus VG27AQ | Trackhat clip | VPC WarBRD base | Thrustmaster stick and throttle (Deltasim minijoystick mod).

F14 | F16 | AJS37 | F5 | Av8b | FC3 | Mig21 | FW190D9 | Huey

Been playing DCS from Flanker 2.0 to present 😄

Sorry, where is the error occurring? You're putting the Viggen back in BER after landing? Error in kneeboard or some tool you're using to read the file? The raw data in ELINTData.info reads as an incredibly precise box / location currently.

ELINT:

Emitter: 1
Freq: B PRF: 3844
First signal: 8:9:49 Last signal: 8:36:51
Sequence broadca: 1s Silent: 2s
NW: 42:10:44 042:03:21 SE: 42:10:44 042:03:22

Ryzen 5800x@5Ghz | 96gb DDR4 3200Mhz | Asus Rx6800xt TUF OC | 500Gb OS SSD + 1TB Gaming SSD | Asus VG27AQ | Trackhat clip | VPC WarBRD base | Thrustmaster stick and throttle (Deltasim minijoystick mod).

Yes, I'm switching to BER. The problem is that the data collected by ELINT and the current position of the unit within the bounding box are not correct.

The error I'm encountering is that the bounding box isn't showing up. I have attached the images of where the SA-15 is and where the ELINT is marking. Am I doing something wrong?

Using combatflite and https://elint-app.firebaseapp.com/

_Snapshot_20211115215312_.png

image.jpg

Edited by edineygomes

4 hours ago, edineygomes said:

The error I'm encountering is that the bounding box isn't showing up.

The reason why you're not seeing a box is because the system thinks it has found it very accurately... According to the coordinates in the file you provided, there's only 1 second of uncertainty, so the box will be tiny.

As for the position error... Are you making sure to keep your nav drift to a minimum? I've noticed that especially when circling, drift tends to accumulate a lot faster than the estimation shown on the info panel.

To be fair that is more accurate than I've managed in limited testing with the U22/a, and also good point on @LazyBoot's comments on navigation drift. TERNAV works well at a rough level but I've seen comments from others that doing a good manual fix will enhance accuracy, which makes sense and quite useful for this and some bombing modes.

Edited by Sideburns

There was no drift in the system and it kept showing the value from 3 to 5 on the ternav. Since the beginning of the mission, it was flying at 450-500 meters altitude.
I'll try again to accomplish the mission by creating a navigation fix to see if anything changes. For now thank you very much for your help @Sideburns and @LazyBoot

I will test and then come back to post if it worked or not.