Mission Editor Crash and wipe

Andurula

I just had a weird and sad issue with the Mission Editor (Open Beta 2.7.7.15038)

I opened a mission I made a week ago to replace a briefing screen image.  After replacing the image I tried to start the mission to test my changes.

The mission started to load and then DCS did a hard crash to desktop.

When I went back into DCS and opened up my mission in the editor, the mission was wiped and it was only a blank map.  I am 100% sure I did not save a blank map mission over my mission file.  I edited a briefing image, saved and tried to start the mission to check my changes.

Luckily, I was nearly ready to release the mission and I had a backup under another name so I was able to recover with only an hour or so of extra work.

My backup was made before I had used the new draw tool which makes me suspicious of the draw tool for now.

I hadn't been backing up old versions of my missions before but now I am.

1 hour ago, Andurula said:

I hadn't been backing up old versions of my missions before but now I am.

After I lost a mission (not by DCS fault, but my own with a lousy edit), I began to store my missions on a Cloud drive with versioning support, like this:

VXGxC47.jpg

It saves a version everytime that I save a mission, so I can later on return to whichever version I need. I used a Windows MKLINK /J to point the /Saved Games/Missions/ folder to my Cloud Drive. 

It works very well and has no performance impact, as the mission is actually both on my SSD drive and on the Cloud.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB