HH-60 / MH-60 Seahawk Mod (AI only)

rato65

This little package contains (yet another) HH-60 Seahawk type helicopter mod together with some liveries and payload assets. For now, this is only AI and has only some basic animations, PBR textures and no damage model or weapons. No proper LOD so far, so it may hit your FPS. It made this for myself to gain/improve some skills in 3D modelling, texturing and lua scripting, and because I was desperately waiting to get a Seahawk and some marine SAR and naval helicopter OPs into DCS. It is everything but complete, but a start I like to share.
Tested with DCS Open Beta 2.9.2.49940

UPDATES:

January 13th 2024:
- reverse main rotor direction - fixed
- pilot not visible - fixed
- broken wheels texture - fixed
- vertical position on ground - fixed

update_13012024.zip

please replace previous version shape file in the Mod's /Shapes folder with above shape (unzip).

PSD Livery Template:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1pceu42erbjh1d9/HH-60_Livery_Template.zip?dl=0

version: 0.3
- small texture corrections - fixed
- crew and crew-livery textures - added
- instrument dash texture added
- right rear door animation - added
- open the right rear door with livery description.lua custom_args entry - added

version 0.2
- new static shape and textures for HH-60 with folded blades and tail, restrain rods - added
- new textures: USCG rotors, small corrections on fuselage, wheel and gear - added
- small model and mapping errors (front antennas, foot steps, left back doors) - fixed

version 0.11
- wheel and gear texture conflict - fixed.
- PBR Texture for Main Rotor Hub was missing - added.

DOWNLOAD:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zkmw46spdux69vc/HH-60 Seahawk Mod v03.zip?dl=0

INSTALL:
Unzip the package.
1. Copy the content of "Liveries" into your "Saved Games/DCS/Liveries" folder.
2. Copy the content of "tech" into your "Saved Games/DCS/Mods/tech" folder

USAGE:
The Mission Editor Loadout menu offers you to choose from
a) a NAVY setup with 3 liveries (2x different numbering and a bare skin with a numbering template map you can use for your own numbering, needs some Gimp or Photoshop work though).
For the Navy version, you can chose a MH-60R Loadout on Pylon 2.

- or -

b) a US Coast Guard "Jayhawk" livery and appropriate MH-60T Loadout on Pylon 1.

CREDITS:
This mod was inspired through the work from Upuaut, Nibbylot and Damientrix. I used some snippets of lua-scripts from each of these authors and modified them for this project. The 3D model of the helicopter was commercially purchased by myself and is licensed for royalty free usage and distribution. I made a lot of changes to the original model though. The Assets were modelled by me.

Have naval and SAR fun!
cheers,
rato65

HH-60_4.jpg

HH60-1.jpg

MH-60_5.jpg

MH-60_8.jpg

HH-60_6.jpg

HH-60_10.jpg

HH-60_7.jpg

Edited by rato65
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, Eight Ball said:

Celebrate Dj Khaled GIF

Thank you Rato65!

Hahahaha......that is so cool! Best reaction I had so far for any upload here 🙂

I am looking forward to see the "her" in action - screenshots always welcome! And comments, critcs, ideas....

• Like 1

Not sure if that's where the landing gear are but there's a texture file called "parts" which might be conflicting with another addon.

You could try to edit one of the liveries by adding that texture file to that livery folder, rename it to something like mh_60_parts and then edit the description.lua and add this line:

{"07 - Default",    DIFFUSE            ,    "mh_60_parts", false};

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DJ Reonic said:

Wheel textures appear rather wonky. Possibly a misaligned texture file?

it's good on my end. looks like there might be a competing (same named) texture somewhere with another mod using same material name? @Eight Ball beat me to the punch with the response

Edited by prccowboy

24 minutes ago, Eight Ball said:

Not sure if that's where the landing gear are but there's a texture file called "parts" which might be conflicting with another addon.

You could try to edit one of the liveries by adding that texture file to that livery folder, rename it to something like mh_60_parts and then edit the description.lua and add this line:

{"07 - Default",    DIFFUSE            ,    "mh_60_parts", false};

Gotcha ¡¡¡

That trick fix the issue. Just add the parts file to the skin folder and rename the file + add the line to the lua and perfectly fine now

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Hi all, thanks very much for the issue report + Eight Ball already presenting a solution... 🙂

Great if that trick works for now, but I changed the model and texture file and uploaded the fixed package, so upcoming downloads are clean. (The model will have a new material for the "parts" assigned, and that material will refer to a new texture filename (as suggested MH-60_Parts.png, so no change in the liveries is necessary after downloading version 0.11

Download link on first page is updated.

Edited by rato65

Selfish and ignorant question - Does this mod "stow" its blades if used as a static on a carrier deck? 

• Like 1

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

Just now, rato65 said:

no, not yet. maybe in a later version.

Thank you - I still want your babys.....

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

This is by far the best week in dcs in terms of mods. I remember asking rato65 about release timeline of the jayhawk an year back and now the wait has paid off. And guess what it's a bonanza with all the seahawk, jayhawk mods (from rato65) and knighthawk mod( by prccowboy) rolling out all together. Thank you for your work. Bye bye low poly helos on the supercarrier deck. 😃

We got that covered!

have patience.

In testing now!

Screen-211114-082425.jpg

Screen-211114-082438.jpg

• Like 2

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Wow, that seahawk looks so fantastic, thanks so much! Since I mostly use that helo as a static asset on deck: Do you think it would be possible to show the blades and tail folded when the unit is connected to a ship?

• Like 1

Modules: F-14A/B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | Mi-24P F/A-18C | A-10C II | F-16C | UH-1H | F-5E | Mi-8 | FC 3 | AV-8B | A-4E | Gazelle | Ka-50 | Yak-52 | CE2

Maps: Syria | Marianas | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Caucasus

Setup: Virpil WarBRD Base & VFX TM Warthog | Arozzi Velocita Stand | Monstertech Mount | MFG Crosswind | Cougar MFDs | VRInsight Panel | JetSeat 908 | TrackIR