Building a new PC, is there any way to just "move the DCS folder" to the new PC?

Hello all, I am building a new PC tomorrow, and I was just wondering if I can move the Eagle/Dynamics DCS folder to one of my new hard drives and then reinstall DCS world to that folder, instead of having to re-download everything.

I do not have DCS world through STEAM or it would be pretty easy as that is how STEAM works, but I was wondering if there is a way?

thanks

Hello all, I am building a new PC tomorrow, and I was just wondering if I can move the Eagle/Dynamics DCS folder to one of my new hard drives and then reinstall DCS world to that folder, instead of having to re-download everything.
 I do not have DCS world through STEAM or it would be pretty easy as that is how STEAM works, but I was wondering if there is a way?

thanks

Don't move, copy the folder, no reinstall. Just make sure DCS is closed on the original drive.
On new computer, recreate the shortcuts, run a DCS repair command line, or use Skatezilla's excellent launcher/updater. You'll never regret it. (No more need for shortcuts). The registry entries will be recreated, and off you go!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

you might want to copy over your saved games/dcs.openbeta folder as well
Oops!! Yes, forgot that part! Thanks!
And adding to this.
@JimBeamBlack

If you don't want to rebind your peripherals, in the Saved Games\DCS.xxx\Config\Input folder, you will find your bindings for all modules input devices you have.
On your new computer, the devices will have new Ids, but they will appear in the same folder as your copy/backup, so you need to rename the files or re-import them.
Cheers!

I'm expecting a new computer to arrive soon.  

In my current system, I have a dedicated SSD for DCS which will be physically transferred into the new computer.

I have been away from DCS for quite a while but remember when it was necessary to de-register modules and terrains before upgrading system components.

Is this no longer necessary - any advice for a seamless transfer please?

i7-5820K 3.30Ghz | Asus X99-S | Sapphire R290X | R7 240 | 16GB DDR4 PC4 2800MHz | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (OS) | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD (DCS) | Noctua NH-D14 2011 Cooler | OCZ ZT 750W '80 Plus Bronze' Modular PSU | NZXT Phantom Enthusiast | 3 x IIyama Prolite E2473HDS 24" | 1 x Dell S2240T 21.5" Touch Screen | Windows 10 64-Bit | AMD Eyefinity 5760 x 1080 | TrackIR5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind 1771 | Vaicom Pro + VA (Licensed) | Sennheiser Game Zero | Honeycomb Yoke (June 2020)]

2 hours ago, slicker55 said:

...remember when it was necessary to de-register modules and terrains before upgrading system components.

No longer applicable. The license goes with the account now wherever you log in. Just move the SSD to a new PC, make a shorcut to dcs_updater.exe and copy your config/input from saved games to import device profiles from.

• Thanks 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• 2 months later...
On 11/23/2021 at 3:48 PM, draconus said:

No longer applicable. The license goes with the account now wherever you log in. Just move the SSD to a new PC, make a shorcut to dcs_updater.exe and copy your config/input from saved games to import device profiles from.

I just moved my OS SSD and HDD which has DCS on it into a new computer build.  When I logged into DCS, I got the following authorization error.

Several of these, I do not have associated with my account, as I have not purchased them.  However, I do have the NS430_SA342, F/A 18C, P51D and F-86F.

How do get the ones I do not own from giving me an authorization error?  And how do I get the ones that I own, to properly authorize with my account?

2022 02 12 DCS Module Authorization Failed.PNG

Edited by c0p0ut

9 hours ago, c0p0ut said:

How do get the ones I do not own from giving me an authorization error?

You will remove the modules when you get to the Module Manager but you need to be authorised properly first to use the ones you do own. I suggest to log out and then log in again. It should be top right icon after DCS start.

Try also repair process.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/repair/#2463807

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• 1 month later...
On 11/18/2021 at 8:04 AM, MAXsenna said:

Oops!! Yes, forgot that part! Thanks! emoji1303.png
And adding to this.
@JimBeamBlack

If you don't want to rebind your peripherals, in the Saved Games\DCS.xxx\Config\Input folder, you will find your bindings for all modules input devices you have.
On your new computer, the devices will have new Ids, but they will appear in the same folder as your copy/backup, so you need to rename the files or re-import them.
Cheers!

I figured out how to import them. You just used the down arrow at the top and have it load the old profile file for that section. 

Edited by RaTzo

F-14B, A-10C,F-18C Lot 20, F-16C, UH-1H, SA342, Spitfire LF Mk IX, F-15C, Mig-29, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf

i9 9900k 5.0GHz, 32GB RAM, 1080Ti, Rift S, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind pedals, Dual Monitors 4K & 1080

Every Day, Someone Uses Cute Krispy Snacks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]