Rocket launch sounds

BlueSteel

• ED Team
35 minutes ago, BlueSteel said:

Hello, since last update there is no more the original sound by firing the AMRAAM & Sidewinders available. The older former sounds is nerving.. please help, thx!!!

Hello,

Please confirm you have the same sounds as in my test video from the current DCS version: 

And I mixed it with the real videos, please compare to

Best regards,

Kanstantsin Kuzniatsou (btd)

Am 15.11.2021 um 19:29 schrieb btd:

And it is very similar to the real one, don't you agree? 

Maybe it can be a little louder although

i am not an expert and i cant say what is the realistic sound. Was that the reason you replaced the meanwile sound?

If youre saying so i just have to accept it. Over and Out 😉

• ED Team

Yes, we always trying to get closer to reality. whether we like the sound or not. If it is like that in life, so it should in DCS 🙂 

Another point that I can be wrong too. And if you have another reference from real life indicating this, I will gladly correct the sounds.

Best regards,

On 11/15/2021 at 1:29 PM, btd said:

And it is very similar to the real one, don't you agree? 

Maybe it can be a little louder although

I think in the real life video, there is little to none sound of "bang" upon rocket motor ignition. In DCS, the "bang" is very obvious and it's the same for almost all missile EXCEPT HARMs. In my opinion, in DCS HARM launch sounds more realistic. Real life video for reference.

• ED Team
11 minutes ago, Dr. Anti-Vehicle said:

This is pretty sick. Is it the sound that current Beta version has? I wasn't paying attention to the sound yesterday when I played.

No. it is not in the beta, it is the fresh update from today, according to your wishes and reference, while in my working dcs version.

"sick" - what do you mean, sorry? ) If you like it, we can merge it for the nearest update.

Best regards,

I agree those updated sounds seem more accurate to the real life clips. I seem to remember they were updated to sound very similar to that in 2.7.0.4625 Open Beta update, but were reversed soon after. Was there any reason it was reverted to the sounds we have currently?

Edited by Faz

• Wags locked this topic