HMCS woes

dertien
Go to solution Solved by Sinclair_76,

When loading up the 'king of the hill' single player mission that comes with the viper and one turns the HMCS knob clockwise it lights up and shows.

However on this mission:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3318600/

turning the knob clockwise does nothing.

Both aircraft start cold and dark and I start up both with autostart this time for consistency purposes.

also when starting mission 'nightly silence', a mission that comes with purchase of the module, no amount of fiddling with the knob will get the HMCS on.

Fiddling with the DMS (Data management switch) left long or short does not work - it just cycles the different views on the MFD's in the viper.

I would like to know what I need to do to switch the damn thing on in a consistent manner, since I want to use it in that mission.

Adding both lines to the default.lua file and assigning both to a keyboard key HMCS on and HMCS off does nothing neither...

{                                                    down = 3001, cockpit_device_id = 75, value_down = 1.0,    name = _('HMCS Power ON'), category = _('HMCS Power')},
{                                                    down = 3001, cockpit_device_id = 75, value_down = 0.0,    name = _('HMCS Power OFF'), category = _('HMCS Power')},

Also, on the left below the stick the 'MAIN PWR switch is fully forward" on both accounts.

I don't understand what the hell is going on here

Can someone advise?

Thank you.

Edited by dertien

From the mission linked description:

Designer notes.  Some artistic licencing is present in this collection of missions.  Most notably is the use of the F-16C as a stand in for the RNoAF F-16A.  In order to limit the C model capabilities, datalink, GPS, HMCS and AMRAAMs are not useable in these missions.

I haven't played Nightly Silence, but as Sinclair_76 says above, and judging by the name,  if NVGs are installed, then HMCS will not be (it's an either-or case, and can be switched by talking to crew chief on the ground)

Win10 Pro | i7-9700K @5.0GHz | 2080 Super @2160MHz | 32GB DDR4 3600 | DCS on 1TB M.2 NVME | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswinds V2 | HP Reverb | Huion 640P | Jetpad FSE | PointCTRL

Thank you Sinclair and Majik

The northern flank mission is a daytime mission, and the HMCS was not working there neither. That's why my nickel didn't fall.

I remembered that installing both  devices via the ground crew menu was an option. What I did not know is that you could also have NOTHING installed.

I loaded Northern Flank and installed the HMCS via the radio and the ground crew and behold it worked.

So,

If you don't see the HMCS, the first option should be to talk to the ground crew (if you are on the tarmac and that option is available) and have them install either NVG's or the HMCS.

I also read in Chuck's guide that only the Sidewinder X version is capable of high profile attacks. Haven't really tried that.

In any case thank you for solving the problem, and pointing me in the right direction.

Now I can enjoy the F-16.