How to use mark points

Dannyvandelft

Thank you!! I thought he'd create it as a steerpoint.

Follow up question, with the LANTIRN POD activated, and the plane in A-G mode, that screen doesn't get projected. Is there another way to see it, or do you have to switch from A-G to A-A and then back to A-G once you reach the mark point?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Dannyvandelft said:

Thank you!! I thought he'd create it as a steerpoint.

Follow up question, with the LANTIRN POD activated, and the plane in A-G mode, that screen doesn't get projected. Is there another way to see it, or do you have to switch from A-G to A-A and then back to A-G once you reach the mark point?

It will be the steerpoint and you choose which one. You can also ask Jester to enter the steerpoint manually, number by number.

If you don't see the LANTIRN screen it may be that it's not active yet (needs a few minutes (8?) after cold start to warm up) or your VDI is off or Jester/you have choosen to display TCS instead.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• 1 month later...

How is this done with AIRIO from VIACOM ?  With AIRIO, you do not have access to the JESTER wheel.  Cannot see the Map Point labels you create in the F10 map.  Only can assign a Map Marker number to a steer point.  How do you know which number map marker you created is ?

I guess you use a steerpoint to get you into the approximate area, then 'EYEBALLS' to get you onto the specific target, then 'HEAD CONTROL' to fine tune ... it works, but there is a lot to do correct ly first time.

Great implementation by HB though.

Edited by Kula66

Isn't there a number next to the map marker on the F10 map? I never tried to use multiple markers, but with the one it's fairly straightforward with AIRIO:

Set your marker on the F10 map, which will be "map marker 1", then tell Jester to set "Map Marker 1 to Steerpoint 2" (or whichever you'd like).

So far I've only had to use that feature in one single player mission - where it worked as advertised - so I haven't tried fixed point, surface target etc. Hence I don't know if VAICOM recognizes these (yet).

AIRIO will read what is usually displayed in the Jester-wheel menu. those are commonly ordered chronologically based on their creation, and you speak using the order they were created. (so what is written on the label is unimportant)  so the command would be, "Jester, map marker one to target/initialpoint/steerpoint3".

The limitation being that you cannot map to server-created markers, just ones you create on your own map.

Edited by Whistler_RIO

I've been able to have Jester set map markers to  steerpoints, and also to fixed points IPs, etc.  But I found that the map marker number is a toughy.  Sometimes he gets the right one, sometimes he doesn't.  I end up having him set a point, then double checking it against the F10 map to be sure he gotit right, which is like 80% of the time.

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot