Delete Mark Points

MoppleTheWhale42

vor 1 Minute schrieb llOPPOTATOll:

This is a wishlist post. he’s not asking if the DCS A-10 has it, he’s asking for it to be added.

And he was pointing out, that as it isn't a feature in the real plane it will likely not be something to hold your breath for...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

54 minutes ago, shagrat said:

And he was pointing out, that as it isn't a feature in the real plane it will likely not be something to hold your breath for...

I think you misread him.

And if I remember correctly, it IS a feature in real plane.  That blank button on CDU does delete markpoints.

Edited by Taz1004

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Taz1004:

I think you misread him.

And if I remember correctly, it IS a feature in real plane.  That blank button on CDU does delete markpoints.

The BCK (backspace) button on the CDU works the same way as on your PC keyboard, it deletes the character left of the cursor on the scratchpad entry for the field you are currently editing, not the point... Are you sure about the delete feature? Because I never found a reference to it.

I would have expected that if this was possible in the real plane, at least one of the SMEs or the pilots would have let ED known in the last 14 years.

Edited by shagrat
Typos corrected

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

14 minutes ago, shagrat said:

The BCK (backspace) button on the CDU works the same way as on your PC keyboard, it deletes the character left of the cursor on the scratchpad entry for the field you are currently editing, not the point... Are you sure about the delete feature? Because I never found a reference to it.

I would have expected that if this was possible in the real plane, at least one of the SMEs or the pilots would have let ED known in the last 14 years.

I meant you misread EasyEB.  He said it IS possible in real A10.  You said he pointed out it isn't a real feature.

Wasn't talking about BCK button.  I said the "blank" button.  Below I think is the thread I saw.  There was a older thread too which I can't find.

Edited by Taz1004

It is in fact a thing in the real jet. The blank key next to the BCK key should delete a markpoint that is currently displayed on the WAYPT page. Seems like it would be pretty simple to implement.

just curious, anyone know why that feature would be particularly useful? I can't think of a reason I'd need to use it.

vor 28 Minuten schrieb ASAP:

It is in fact a thing in the real jet. The blank key next to the BCK key should delete a markpoint that is currently displayed on the WAYPT page. Seems like it would be pretty simple to implement.

just curious, anyone know why that feature would be particularly useful? I can't think of a reason I'd need to use it.

Ok, if this is the case, I am a bit irritated that in the last 14 years that did not find its way into the A-10C II upgrade. 🤯

I mean, they did implement all the subpages for the BIT and version checks, down to the GPS subpages... what really is attention to detail, but has little practical application in a typical DCS mission.

As for the "usefulness", if you accidentally made a wrong markpoint and need a continuous sequence to quickly switch targets in an attack it is a thing, as you would need to start over or remember the "wrong" markpoint and skip that in the sequence. 🤔

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

2 hours ago, shagrat said:

As for the "usefulness", if you accidentally made a wrong markpoint and need a continuous sequence to quickly switch targets in an attack it is a thing, as you would need to start over or remember the "wrong" markpoint and skip that in the sequence. 🤔

Thanks, I didn't think of using markpoints like that. I usually just pocket markpoints into steerpoints if I'm going to pickle step pickle.  Might have give that a try.

vor 1 Minute schrieb ASAP:

Thanks, I didn't think of using markpoints like that. I usually just pocket markpoints into steerpoints if I'm going to pickle step pickle.  Might have give that a try.

That's one of the most relevant use cases for markpoints for me. Identify the high threat targets or mission relevant targets with targeting pod, mark them, preferably in high to low sequence and prepare weapons. Set up for attack run, JDAM on the first 2-4 targets, then MAVs or an LGB or buddy lase... Up to 5-6 targets in one attack run, but only if you get the timing right, or they are stationary.

Shagrat

2 hours ago, shagrat said:

I have…it’s the blank button to the left of the back button on the CDU.

Your comment about it not being added to the original A-10C…I don’t recall what suite number it was added but it wasn’t possible with early suite A-10Cs.

Edited by Snoopy
  • Like 2

vor 13 Stunden schrieb Snoopy:

I have…it’s the blank button to the left of the back button on the CDU.

Your comment about it not being added to the original A-10C…I don’t recall what suite number it was added but it wasn’t possible with early suite A-10Cs.

Makes sense. Would explain, why I never found anything in the old docs.

Anyway, if it is in the new A-10C II  IRL, it would be cool to have it in the Sim, as well.

Is it in the Dash-1 ? I think I've seen newer ones from 201x on the web.

And it's hardly a classified feature, I guess. 😇

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

I noticed in the dash-1 published in 2012 (Suite 7A), the reference to the button that deletes markpoints has a black bar next to it, which is an indication that part of the manual was changed since the last revision.  However, I don't have any previous revisions to compare to

Am 17.11.2021 um 21:22 schrieb jaylw314:

I noticed in the dash-1 published in 2012 (Suite 7A), the reference to the button that deletes markpoints has a black bar next to it, which is an indication that part of the manual was changed since the last revision.  However, I don't have any previous revisions to compare to

After a little search I found the 2012 revision. Found the mention of that function. It is from an earlier revision (change 5) which incidentally is the same change that is referenced for the HMCS pages and bit etc.

So I am pretty sure this should be part of the A-10C II Upgrade in DCS, as it was at least implemented with the same change that introduced the HMCS and not later. 

Thanks, Snoopy for the hint where to look.

• Like 3

Shagrat

• 1 month later...
On 11/17/2021 at 8:43 AM, shagrat said:

Makes sense. Would explain, why I never found anything in the old docs.

Anyway, if it is in the new A-10C II  IRL, it would be cool to have it in the Sim, as well.

Is it in the Dash-1 ? I think I've seen newer ones from 201x on the web.

And it's hardly a classified feature, I guess. 😇

its documented in the A10C dash 1 manual in a 2012 publication. ( its still up on scribd) Having the ability to delete markpoints certainly would no longer be a anachronistic feature if we have Hog with Scorpion HMD, as that came in 2013.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

vor 17 Stunden schrieb Kev2go:

its documented in the A10C dash 1 manual in a 2012 publication. ( its still up on scribd) Having the ability to delete markpoints certainly would no longer be a anachronistic feature if we have Hog with Scorpion HMD, as that came in 2013.

See my post directly above yours. 😉

Shagrat

• 3 months later...

Please add this feature to the A-10 C II. 
I have many times added markpoints by mistake and it would be nice to get rid of it to declutter the markpoints.
I would think this is a rather small thing to implement and wouldnt require much effort from the developers.

• Like 6