I can't set flaps to auto

jfri

5 hours ago, razo+r said:

What does not work? Do the flaps not deploy automatically when you increase your AoA, or do they not extend in level flight or what?

Also, have you checked the flaps thumb switch position?

I am referring to the flap indicator to the left of the airspeed mach indicator. It says up not auto.

I thought that pressing F would set the thumb switch to auto

5 hours ago, jfri said:

In one of the tutorials a dog fight with guns I am supposed to set flaps to auto. That does not work. I have both pressed F on the keyboard and assigned a controller button to it. This does not work. Why ?

Is the FLAP LEVER set on the THUMB SW position as indicated on the top image?

image.png

Can you see the AUTO indication at the FLAP POSITION INDICATOR at the left top corner of the front panel?

image.png

With the AUTO position the Flaps can be set automatically by the Central Air Data Computer (CADC) at the 0°/0° depending on the flight condition (Air speed, Mach Number, Altitude and AoA) so you wouldn't see any Flaps actuated.

image.png

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Quati said:

Is the FLAP LEVER set on the THUMB SW position as indicated on the top image?

image.png

Can you see the AUTO indication at the FLAP POSITION INDICATOR at the left top corner of the front panel?

image.png

With the AUTO position the Flaps can be set automatically by the Central Air Data Computer (CADC) at the 0°/0° depending on the flight condition (Air speed, Mach Number, Altitude and AoA) so you wouldn't see any Flaps actuated.

image.png

Yes I think so but I should recheck next time