LEGENDARY AIRCRAFT

PANAGIOTIS

On 11/16/2021 at 8:26 AM, PANAGIOTIS said:

I would like that DCS (through also aircraft model providers/developer companies) to introduce legendary aircraft such as the T-37B/C Tweety, the T-33A and a complete F-104G.  

Would you settle for the F-5A, and F-80? I'd prefer them over the trainers 

I'd prefer more european and japanese models, not only the US built legendary aircrafts.

• Like 3

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

48 minutes ago, upyr1 said:

33 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

I'd prefer more european and japanese models, not only the US built legendary aircrafts.

I'll see these wishes and offer the AT-33ANs operated by the Bolivian Air Force until 2017.

1. They're CT-133s, so they were built in Canada.
2. They were armed.

Both fulfilled! 👍

24318_1614020614.jpg

• Like 1

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

3 ore fa, upyr1 ha scritto:

If you mean the F-5B (tandem F-5) then I fully agree while the F-5A it can be equivalent to the already existing in DCS F-5E but without i.e the radar which the F-5A didn't have. As far as it concerns the F-80 it would be fine even if my preference is the T-33A since it was our advanced trainer as 3rd and 4th year air cadets 50 years ago in the Hellenic Air Force Academy (HAFA). The T-37 was my first jet to fly in 1973 as a 2nd year Air Cadet in HAFA (in fact my avatar photo it is me in the cockpit of a T-37B/C in the summer of 1973) and I have particularly loved that aircraft. 

Edited by PANAGIOTIS
  • Like 3

I think they should simply go for "conflict appropriate" aircraft with emphasis on the most notable conflicts.

MODUALS OWNED       AH-64D APACHE, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24,Gazelle, FC3, A-10C, A-10CII, Mirage 2000C, F-14 TOMCAT, F/A-18C HORNET, F-16C VIPER, AV-8B/NA, F-15 E, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21Bis, L-39, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, MiG-19, F-86, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire IX, Bf-109K, Fw-190D, P-51D, CA, SYRIA, NEVADA, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, MARIANA ISLANDS,SUPER CARRIER, WORLD WAR II ASSETS PACK, HAWK T1

SYSTEM SPECS            AMD  7600X 4.7 Ghz CPU , MSI RX 6750 12 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.

1 hour ago, Raven434th said:

I think they should simply go for "conflict appropriate" aircraft with emphasis on the most notable conflicts.

Now there's an idea!

Especially when you combine that with a conflict appropriate map, and conflict appropriate assets, unfortunately the only era so far where that's more or less happened is WWII.

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

4 minutes ago, Northstar98 said:

Now there's an idea!

Especially when you combine that with a conflict appropriate map, and conflict appropriate assets, unfortunately the only era so far where that's more or less happened is WWII.

Bonus points if some of these could come with LowFi flyable aircraft as well. I think we can all agree that even if we had more planes that came with certain packs, more people would be interested in actually buying them

6 minutes ago, Tank50us said:

Bonus points if some of these could come with LowFi flyable aircraft as well.

That's going to be more of a MAC thing I'm afraid, I'll try and dig up the exact quote but it's been stated that DCS modules have moved away from low-fidelity.

6 minutes ago, Tank50us said:

I think we can all agree that even if we had more planes that came with certain packs, more people would be interested in actually buying them

This is more pricing than anything else, fortunately DCS has sales very regularly.

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

12 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

Verity is nice.

10 hours ago, PANAGIOTIS said:

If you mean the F-5B (tandem F-5) then I fully agree while the F-5A it can be equivalent to the already existing in DCS F-5E but without i.e the radar which the F-5A didn't have.

There was more changed to the F-5E than the addition of the radar. I'd rather have the A than the B but ideally I'd like to see the A, B and C. 

As far as it concerns the F-80 it would be fine even if my preference is the T-33A since it was our advanced trainer as 3rd and 4th year air cadets 50 years ago in the Hellenic Air Force Academy (HAFA).

The F-80 would be good for late WWII and Korean war scenarios a two-fer pack could work

The T-37 was my first jet to fly in 1973 as a 2nd year Air Cadet in HAFA (in fact my avatar photo it is me in the cockpit of a T-37B/C in the summer of 1973) and I have particularly loved that aircraft. 

I'd like to see the A-37 included with a T-37 module 

10 hours ago, Raven434th said:

In another post I said that Eagle needs to think about an ecosystem instead of simply producing modules. An ecosystem would be a map, assets and at least two opposing modules.

• Like 1

Interesting: thread title "LEGENDARY AIRCRAFT", and then ask for a T-33 and T-37 😅

I surely expected some other aircraft types, but, well.. "Legendary" is a subjective term

Now the F-104G, that's more like it 🤩

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

“Legendary” is a pretty high hurdle…!!!

(and I also don’t think the aircraft listed in the OP meet that…!)

Anyway, qualification for LEGENDARY has to include either or both of:

- Combat Record

- High public perception / awareness…

Based on those, and from being a Brit, I’d suggest the following:

F-4 Phantom - many guises

F-14 - Top Gun glamour factor, already in game👍

F-16 - early / NATO export models

F-15C - especially based on combat record

Sea Harrier - joint top A2A kill ratio

Mig-21 - epitome of the Soviet era threat

Mig-25 - again, legendary in terms of speed, altitude and being the opfor top dog

B-52 - recognisable everywhere

Tornado - low level par excellence

F-104 

F-111

Mirage family - many, many conflicts and operators

Hawk - Red Arrows, nuff said 😉

ETA - and that’s without British / European legends such as the Hunter, Lightning, Buccaneer, Jaguar, Lynx etc

Edited by rkk01

28 minutes ago, rkk01 said:

“Legendary” is a pretty high hurdle…!!!

(and I also don’t think the aircraft listed in the OP meet that…!)

Anyway, qualification for LEGENDARY has to include either or both of:

- Combat Record

- High public perception / awareness…

Based on those, and from being a Brit, I’d suggest the following:

F-4 Phantom - many guises

F-14 - Top Gun glamour factor, already in game👍

F-16 - early / NATO export models

F-15C - especially based on combat record

Sea Harrier - joint top A2A kill ratio

Mig-21 - epitome of the Soviet era threat

Mig-25 - again, legendary in terms of speed, altitude and being the opfor top dog

B-52 - recognisable everywhere

Tornado - low level par excellence

F-104 

F-111

Mirage family - many, many conflicts and operators

Hawk - Red Arrows, nuff said 😉

ETA - and that’s without British / European legends such as the Hunter, Lightning, Buccaneer, Jaguar, Lynx etc

With "LEGENDARY" I'm personally thinking more in the direction of:

• SR-71
  • Fokker Dr.I (Red Baron's version)

Although both not fit for DCS in it's current shape

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Wishlist threads tend not to represent a high bar, but this one is shallow by even that standards 😛 I mean come on, "legendary" is an incredibly subjective moniker, what is legendary for one will not nearly be so for others etc.

I also dislike the whole "only conflict relevant pls" attitude myself, if an aircraft is interesting, don't care if it never fired a shot in anger, if anything I am kinda more interested in obscure and rarely simulated things than poster kids.

That said, I still would like some focus to be put on later 70s-80s maybe up to early-ish 90s stuff to enable a good, compatible playground to build missions in, be it fictional or historical.

And F-4E is an incredibly obvious missing legend though. Could be followed by naval phantoms too, but only after E itself imo. I sincerely hope that the upcoming hinted Phantom from a 3rd part is NOT an only naval phantom module... it would be an incredibly sad missed opportunity not to give us the most worldwide served, conflict relevant, and also the most multirole and interesting variant of Phantom just because "but this one lands on boats!!! omg!"

Otherwise though, I agree with Rudel (which is an incredibly rare occasion here :P): more European birds please... that or more "red" birds. I'd love to see Jaguar, Super Etendard, Mirage III and V, EE Lightning, Draken (c'mon Heatblur, make it a module!), and Tornado.

Things like upcoming Mirage F1, F-8 Crusader, MiG-23MLA, A-7, A-6, and Fiat G.91 are some of the modules, and I really hope MiG-17 will actually become a module as they are intending. Also more helicopters pls! 🙂

• Like 2

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

For my view, it is just my dream list, 

Modern

Because eurofighter T1 (air/air), rafale F1 marine (air air), F2 (air/air/air-gorund) and gripen, Mirage 2000-5/9

1960 years generation

Phamtom F4, 

F100 & Mig 17

Mig25,Mig 27,

Mig31,F104,Mirage IV.

Mirage III/V ( 6 days/falklands war ), super étendard, alpha jet, i have bought (hawk) not more possible to play

warbird, i love il2 but its getting old, seem no more upgrade, no successor ?

yak 3 &9, mig 3, la7,

P40 kittyhawk, Hellcat, wildcat,p38,

A6M2 zero,ki86,ki60,d3A

bf110,do336,ju84,me262

morane ms406,devoitine,block M62,hawk 75,

huricane,hawk typhon

Macchi Mc 200/205,