Mission 09 Red Flag - Bugged

Xillix

The B-1B Bomber that is supposed to taxi and take off gets stuck at the end of the runway. The mission is void, as soon as you cross the runway marker you fail. There is no way to get to Rocket 1.

Please fix this, this is frustrating that so many missions are broken in this campaign.

Edited by Xillix

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Xillix,

I've managed to do this mission.

-First I noticed that "Rocket 01" the B-1B start taxiing around 16:43 instead of 16:40.

-Second, at this time clock "Chevy 04", the second M2000 flight, also start to taxi. They're supposed to wait behind you, but I don't move and let them go and take-off. (I answered the radio normally the all-time, even if I don't move)

-During that, Rocket 01 slowly rolls on his taxiway. Once he gets close to the end of it, I start taxiing and hold short on alpha 03L, as GRND asking. (Don't cross to hold short 03R like i did first, mission will fail)

-Tell GRND you're holding short 03L while the B-1B enter 03R to take-off.

-GRND will reply you to stay on position because the runway is in use.

-When the B-1B is airborne, GRND will allow you to cross 03L and contact TWR when holding short 03R

-Take-off and the mission begin ! (cool one btw)

Maybe it works too if you taxi first, as expected, with "Chevy 04" behind, hold short 03L without reporting to GRND, but wait for the B-1B to enter the runways and then hit the dialogue...

I hope it will help, here's also a video I saw to help me visualize the ground taxiing sequence (unbugged)

• Like 1

On 11/27/2021 at 12:42 PM, BiscuitBoustifon said:

Hi Xillix,

I've managed to do this mission.

-First I noticed that "Rocket 01" the B-1B start taxiing around 16:43 instead of 16:40.

-Second, at this time clock "Chevy 04", the second M2000 flight, also start to taxi. They're supposed to wait behind you, but I don't move and let them go and take-off. (I answered the radio normally the all-time, even if I don't move)

-During that, Rocket 01 slowly rolls on his taxiway. Once he gets close to the end of it, I start taxiing and hold short on alpha 03L, as GRND asking. 

Hi BiscuitBoustifon, 

So you are correct as timing triggers are not aligned properly with the voice over triggers, and do not correspond according to the voice over. A work around has been found:

1. You were correct about waiting longer and not taxiing and just answering the radio, even though the mission specifically tells you to be the lead of CH 04. 

2. Also, waiting till Rocket gets to the end of the runway to start to taxi was very helpful, do not talk to ground before that and Rocket will not get stuck.

Thank you, I was able to finish the mission successfully! 

Edited by Xillix

• Xillix changed the title to Mission 09 Red Flag - Bugged