DCS Vulkan and Edge 2.7 Release | Exports

Guppy

Question related to the future release of Vulkan and Edge 2.7... Do we have any idea if exports, as they currently exist, will be supported through this release? That is, setting the client to window only and expanding the client view screen to other monitors so that MFD can display on other monitors, etc; along with all of the exports related to DCS Bios? 

Basically, those of us who have built home cockpits -- do we know if these will still work like they do today for future significant client updates?

• Thanks 1

I think you mean 2.8, 2.7 was released on April with new weather

NZXT H9 Flow Black | Intel Core i5 13600KF OCed P5.6 E4.4 | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB C30 OCed 6600 C32 | nVidia GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition |  Western Digital SN770 2TB | Gigabyte GP-UD1000GM PG5 ATX 3.0 1000W | SteelSeries Apex 7 | Razer Viper Mini | SteelSeries Artics Nova 7 | LG OLED42C2 | Xiaomi P1 55"

Virpil T-50 CM2 Base + Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | WinWing Orion 2 F16EX Viper Throttle  | WinWing ICP | 3 x Thrustmaster MFD | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Oculus Quest 2

DCS World | Persian Gulf | Syria | Flaming Cliff 3 | P-51D Mustang | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw-109 A-8 | A-10C II Tank Killer | F/A-18C Hornet | F-14B Tomcat | F-16C Viper | F-15E Strike Eagle | M2000C | Ka-50 BlackShark III | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | SuperCarrier

Let me rephrase my question; based on the Newsletter(s) it sounds like there are a bunch of significant changes coming to the core application (Additional Edge updates, Vulkcan, multicore support, etc.). Will those core changes impact our ability to have home cockpits as they exist today (Exports, DCSBios, etc.)?

It's way too soon to ask such questions. Only the devs could tell you if they'd even know. I wouldn't expect mods to be compatible after such major engine update (the creators will have to adapt) but I see no reason to remove export functionality. If anything goes wrong with it it'll probably be low priority fix depending on the technicals and community rants 🙂

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

I don't think they'd dare to remove this feature. Considering there are people who spend thousands if not tens of thousands (if not in money then in workhours) in their simpits. Imo this will probably require changes in the software (like DCS Bios) but will continue existing. And I as well can't think of a reason to remove this funcionality. AFAIK breaking this functionality was the reason they rolled back the IC changes a few weeks a ago so quickly.