Questions

hein22

I wasn't around when the new clouds launched and I now don't understand very well the layout of the mission editor's weather section.

What role does the bottom preset section has in relation with the new clouds presets?

Does the smoke and fog work well in conjunction?

Different topic: does DCS still require that everyone in a MP game has the skins locally in order for everyone to see them? Didn't ED implement something modern like automatic temporary download through server?

Thanks.

Stay safe

6 minutes ago, hein22 said:

Does the smoke and fog work well in conjunction?

No, fog is still work in progress

6 minutes ago, hein22 said:

Different topic: does DCS still require that everyone in a MP game has the skins locally in order for everyone to see them? Didn't ED implement something modern like automatic temporary download through server?

Growling Sidewinder server, 55 players, each skin has a size of 1GB, You would have to download 55GB to join that server and to download 1GB everytime a new player join the server.

Edited by Mike_Romeo

My skins

14 minutes ago, Mike_Romeo said:

No, fog is still work in progress

Growling Sidewinder server, 55 players, each skin has a size of 1GB, You would have to download 55GB to join that server and to download 1GB everytime a new player join the server.

Wow, that heavy huh? Didn't know that, thought skins were light. Does a technical solution exist?

Stay safe

15 hours ago, hein22 said:

Wow, that heavy huh? Didn't know that, thought skins were light. Does a technical solution exist?

"everyone in a MP game has the skins locally in order for everyone to see them" 🙂

The obvious explanation is no weapons for a civil plane. Idk anything more.

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria