Circuit breaker panel question - curiosity only!

lesthegrngo

I don't intend to make anything more than a dummy circuit breaker panel, having never used any in game ( I know DCS BIOS lists them). A cosmetically pleasing panel will be enough for me.

However, other than real circuit breaker units, I can't imagine what else you would use. You wouldn't be able to make them pop out, so they would just be glorified switcheds, but I just know someone has made a working panel. What did you you use?!

Cheers

Les

14 hours ago, RightStuff said:

I used these ones:

https://aliexpress.com/item/32917612962.html

Sure, they will not pop out, but they can be used as a 'pull switch'.

Fair enough, is the normal acuation just a push action? 

8 hours ago, No1sonuk said:

Ouch, by the time you did the whole panel you could buy a new PC!

Les

• Like 1

If you want to make mock up breakers, here you can download some drawings.

https://amironic.co.il/products/circuit-breakers/aircraft-circuit-breakers/3sb-simulator-series/

Else google for military standard MS26574 or MS25244.

Regards, Vinc

Edited by Vinc_Vega
  • Like 2

Regards, Vinc

real life: Royal Bavarian Airforce

online: VJS-GermanKnights.de

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

15 hours ago, No1sonuk said:

Yeah.  But the photo is enough to give you a lead on making your own.

Very true, although maybe a bit too OCD...?! Out of curiosity (again) does DCS BIOS support the tripping function?

9 hours ago, Vinc_Vega said:

If you want to make mock up breakers, here you can download some drawings.

https://amironic.co.il/products/circuit-breakers/aircraft-circuit-breakers/3sb-simulator-series/

Else google for military standard MS26574 or MS25244.

Regards, Vinc

That's great, thanks - easy enough to make an .stl file for 3D priniting. If anyone is interested in the files, let me know

Les

Hi Les

One other way is mimic the fuses using momentary LED pushbuttons. Red (in my case) light when 'popped' and not illuminated in 'normal' position.

Push the switch to activate the breaker, push to set and so on.

(-edit: in game activated breaker will illuminate it of course) 

IDEC-A A8 Series comes somewhat close to the real size (8mm diameter and the top flange of 10mm), IDEC is not lowcost so pics below shows CH low cost switch replacement selected for cost and real panel (AJ37) hole diameter of 12mm. A bit odd looking but will do. Side/top will be eventually painted in black and engraved (Work ongoing) 🙂

/Gus

Fuses_2.jpg

Fuses_1.jpg

IDEC-A-Series_eng-tds.pdf

Edited by Duckling
  • Like 1

- - - -

6 hours ago, lesthegrngo said:

... Out of curiosity (again) does DCS BIOS support the tripping function?

Les

Breakers are at least manually functional by push-pull with the mouse and the Circuit Breaker Panel is available within DCS-BIOS Control reference. That is reasonable enough to use switches to simulate the CBs.

I think that tripping could be evaluated by the failure conditions in the mission editor but never checked that out.

Nevertheless, if so, tripping could be done by magnetically activated switches. But I don't think it is worth to do so. The LED solution seems to be a good idea 💡

Regards, Vinc

Edited by Vinc_Vega
typo correction

Regards, Vinc

real life: Royal Bavarian Airforce

online: VJS-GermanKnights.de

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

6 hours ago, lesthegrngo said:

Very true, although maybe a bit too OCD...?! Out of curiosity (again) does DCS BIOS support the tripping function?

If you filter the command reference by "circuit breaker panel" and "advanced", you can see an "onChange" function and an LED output line, either of which I assume could be used to trip an electromechanical breaker.

Thanks guys - and yes, the LED switch solution is quite an elegant one.

I will definitely make a dummy breaker panel to start with for ease and speed, but at least if the fancy takes me this gives me lots of ideas. Sometimes I make things for the rig not because I need them, but because I like the challenge and down the line this may be one of those

Thanks as always to all who help!

Les

• Like 1