[NO BUG] Radar antenna axis gone?

Althar93

Hello,

Perhaps I am getting this module confused with another but I seem to remember there being a separate axis for the radar antenna elevation (which I used to have bound to an axis on my X55 throttle). After the update, this axis seems to be gone and I can only see two separate bindings raising & lowering the antenna using buttons.

Would it be possible to have a radar antenna axis (back?) as this is quite a useful way of controlling the radar antenna.

Thanks!

• Like 1

I know the update notes mentioned some bindings had changed but I fail to understand why an axis would no longer work for the radar antenna. I can and have had to find an alternate binding but it was really useful for me to be able to bind this to an axis consistently like I have it working on other modules.

The antenna axis was removed as it is not compatible with the way the radar elevation commands work.

Once more important subject have been worked on, we might work on a solution to add it back.

Thanks

Edited by myHelljumper
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

33 minutes ago, myHelljumper said:

We are sorry that this is disappointing but this is the price to pay to have a realistic antenna behavior for now.

Thanks.

Would it be possible to have the radar antenna axis be the 'target' elevation of the antenna, and just emulate button presses until the radar elevation matches the target, as it would if you were to press the button (so the behaviour can remain as it is now since the update), if having the 1:1 relationship between the axis value and elevation is what is deemed 'unrealistic'?

Other than that, really loving the update! Great work all round! The M2000 is easily in my top 3 favourite modules for DCS.

Edited by Althar93

This would lead to loss of an important new feature : elevation memory. For instance when a lock it lost it starts searching at the last know lock elevation which wouldn’t work with an axis.

Radar gain is now a good use for an extra hotas axis 😌

Edited by Kercheiz
  • Like 1

• myHelljumper changed the title to [NO BUG] Radar antenna axis gone?

It's really strange because the M2000's throttle has a radar elevation axis... 

How do you work on your elevation now? Binding it with voice attack is fine for small changes, but otherwise it's really painful... 

Please make it a high priority issue... 

Edited by Габихан

I'm sorry, there is nothing to disagree about.

Watch this with the sounds:

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMF5YHk6JeYTo7tC6pF2GzsdjWKi7FVRapcoElfm4jIbK1iihsu5wkQPtYdbeLvcA/photo/AF1QipNdmTVPAZ2LyMZjc5Ocd7Ded-uHcw99G_PTnR40?key=SHZ3czJNYVNaRnRZOHBYcWFwN0NEZUFWQm40eVl3

The wheel you are talking about is pressing on two buttons, it is not an axis.

I'm puzzled as to why you can't take our word on this when we work with the AdA on the module.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

OK sorry to keep trying to convince you are moving the wrong way. 

But here is the thing: that switch IS a wheel. A wheel needs... an AXIS to turn around... Turning it forward makes your radar go down. Turning it upwards make your radar go up. Whether it is thanks to 2 buttons or thanks to a potentiometer on an axis, who cares? 

Moreover most simulation throttles have a radar elevation wheel.

On my cougar that wheel works exactly as the one on the Mirage 2000C. When I want to stop looking up I have to come back to the neutral position. 

Nobody will ever give us a compatible M2000C throttle. Nobody will ever  make a wheel with 2 buttons. 

So the question is: What is more realistic knowing what's available for players? Letting the players use a wheel that exists and that really really looks like what's in the plane? Or having them to chose 2 random buttons that have nothing to do with radar elevation control, and that isn't even close from the feeling you have in the plane? 

La question elle est vite répondue... 

So please at least consider giving people the option to reverse to the old axis logic for radar elevation. 

23 minutes ago, Габихан said:

On my cougar that wheel works exactly as the one on the Mirage 2000C. When I want to stop looking up I have to come back to the neutral position. 

No it doesn't. The real wheel returns to center when you release it. A wheel on the cougar throttle does not. 

The real one is a 1-way HAT in the shape of the wheel. If you really want, you can reprogram your throttle wheel to act like 2 buttons, but it's really easier just to use one of the spare HATs for that. 

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

47 minutes ago, Габихан said:

OK sorry to keep trying to convince you are moving the wrong way. 

But here is the thing: that switch IS a wheel. A wheel needs... an AXIS to turn around... Turning it forward makes your radar go down. Turning it upwards make your radar go up. Whether it is thanks to 2 buttons or thanks to a potentiometer on an axis, who cares? 

Moreover most simulation throttles have a radar elevation wheel.

Nobody will ever give us a compatible M2000C throttle. Nobody will ever  make a wheel with 2 buttons. 

So the question is: What is more realistic knowing what's available for players? Letting the players use a wheel that exists and that really really looks like what's in the plane? Or having them to chose 2 random buttons that have nothing to do with radar elevation control, and that isn't even close from the feeling you have in the plane? 

La question elle est vite répondue... 

So please at least consider giving people the option to reverse to the old axis logic for radar elevation. 

I dont know who you are, but you should seriously stop trying to call yourself a Mirage 2000C expert.

It's not the first time you are trying to assume thing that are totally wrong !

For the last time, The Antenna elevation switch is a TWO BUTTON switch, one for UP the other for DOWN, if you release the switch it goes back to center because IT IS SPRINGLOADED, i want for proof : ME, i've tried the command IRL.

throttle.png

It's just like your rolling shutter command, one switch for up, the other for down except no springloaded center position.

If you still dont agree with my statement, i invite you to discuss this in PM.

• Like 2