[SOLVED] Listening suspends on every other PTT press

The LT

Hi everyone, long time VAICOM user here, but I've hit a snag recently.

I've encountered that on every second TX depression, I get a "Listening suspended" along with a blurt of purple log entries. The HOTAS buttons work fine and the profile works without issue with VAICOM unloaded. 

Detection works fine otherwise. I've tried everything already, including re-adding all the exports and fresh profiles.

Any ideas?

Capture.PNG

Edited by The LT

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

Hi everyone, long time VAICOM user here, but I've hit a snag recently.
I've encountered that on every second TX depression, I get a "Listening suspended" along with a blurt of purple log entries. The HOTAS buttons work fine and the profile works without issue with VAICOM unloaded. 
Detection works fine otherwise. I've tried everything already, including re-adding all the exports and fresh profiles.
Any ideas?
Capture.PNG.a9b0ac35aa5de1ee8a16b50eb701cc54.PNG
What settings do you have in Vaicom config?

Does this happen for all aircraft, and does something similar happen if DCS isn't loaded.

It might be worth turning Vaicom debug on, restart VA and then post the Vaicom log here - this will let us see if there are any config messages that might give a clue

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Hey Hornblower, thanks!

Just to be on the safe side, I've just deleted everything vaicom related, reinstalled vaicom with full DCS repair. The behaviour changed, while it does reliably listen now, it doesn't detect Easy Communications correctly at first mission start. They only get detected correctly on second sim mission load.

Also, the PTT behaviour is somewhat weird. At first PTT depression, the VAICOM PTT doesn't change and shows "A-10C Warthog" along with an XMIT cue. On the second depression, I get VHF AM displayed and seemingly correct functioning. I've tested both the keyboard 1,2,3 keys and HOTAS controls, it's the same.

Here are my settings and screenshots of both PTTs. While it seems to function ok, is that normal behaviour?

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

First depression of PTT

first.PNG

Second depression of PTT

second.PNG

Edited by The LT

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

Pilot seat

Hey @LT just to note that you're not on latest build there i.e. 2.5.26.1 , should auto-update normally (not expected to make a difference for this case though)

Your recipients counter on the PTT tab looks abnormally high with 945, could point to corrupt mission file maybe. Suggest to test with another one.

Also perhaps try again with a stock profile using Config tab/Export button and import .vap in VA.

Grtz

• Like 1

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Did some more testing. It happens or all aircraft, not just A-10C and on all terrains. I tried on newly created vanilla single player missions. Latest DCS OB.

I've updated to the latest 2.5.26.1, I've no mods installed and did a full (slow) DCS repair. It is worth noting that my DCS installation is on the D:\ drive. I see that the temp script folders created by VAICOM have moved to the D:\ drive as well. I have disabled all export.lua additions, including SRS. I've deleted the Saved Games tech and export files so, clean as clean can be. I've also deleted old and re-added a new fresh vanilla VAICOM profile. I've tried setting the VOIP control to dynamic switching. I've tried setting the PTT map dial to each position.

I still get the Easy Comms detection failing on first DCS mission load. (It is always on). After the mission has been restarted, it detects correctly. (My easycomms are off). The number on the PTT page also grows with each second depression of the PTT button. Seems like it's adding stuff to recipient array for some reason.

I am out of ideas.

Interesting note, if I set it to single and tap on the unused PTT keys, it increments the number with each depression. Might be a clue?

Edited by The LT

My controls & seat

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

Pilot seat

I figured it out.

It's the NS430 module that is causing the problem. When the main NS430 module is disabled in module manager, everything gets back to normal. 

• Like 1

My controls & seat

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

Pilot seat

• The LT changed the title to [SOLVED] Listening suspends on every other PTT press