New Appendage To The Mosquito ?

Basco1

After the latest update to the Open Beta version,a new appendage has been applied to the Mosquito......I have been trying to fathom out what it is.....any ideas anyone ?.......It's not the pitot tube because that's at the top of the tail.

2DtAhKO.png

VlIwmyz.png

Edited by Basco1

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

Tube for the "winch" antenna it seems (the one on the bottom right of the cockpit). I haven't tried the latest update yet, but I suppose it's still not functional?

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

This wasn't present on the vast majority of FB.VI as they had the GEE radio installation and therefore this was ommited. 

For more details on the radio equipment see the thread above. 

Seems a shame that with all the work that has gone into this we have a bit of a franken mosquito.

Edited by Krupi

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

37 minutes ago, CaptJodan said:

Saw this today for the first time.  I could sure do without it.  If it's historically accurate than....you know, I deal, but I'd also be fine with having the option to remove it. 

Why... It is only visual. 

You don't have to use the trailing antenna if you don't want to. 

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

Have a look at this thread:

1 hour ago, CaptJodan said:

Saw this today for the first time.  I could sure do without it.  If it's historically accurate than....you know, I deal, but I'd also be fine with having the option to remove it. 

Why?  It doesn't extend below the prop disk, so if you're flying so low it's in your way, your props are already broken.

2 hours ago, No1sonuk said:

Have a look at this thread:

Why?  It doesn't extend below the prop disk, so if you're flying so low it's in your way, your props are already broken.

Because if it's modeled correctly it increases drag on the aircraft.

But more importantly, it's just ugly.  Mossie is a good looking aircraft and that thing sticking out is just an eyesore.  

On 11/19/2021 at 6:50 PM, Basco1 said:

VlIwmyz.png

It is an organic plane. If you don’t tend to it and trim it regularly all kinds of things sprout out of it.

• Like 4

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!