New user discount

Chubster

Evening all. I'm looking to purchase 4 modules and thought there was a discount for new users? I ordered through the pop up window, which then takes me through to the cart. The prices in the popup do not equal those in the cart? 

I haven't made any previous orders, i am not on steam. I've downloaded some modules in the trial period but believe this is allowable? 

Its not a massive difference but a deal is a deal, no

Screenshot 2021-11-19 193358.png

Screenshot 2021-11-19 193621.png

Screenshot 2021-11-19 193336.png

Screenshot 2021-11-19 193258.png

Screenshot 2021-11-19 193421.png

Screenshot 2021-11-19 193005.png

Might be because the Supercarrier, Viper, and Hornet are all classed as "pre-order" products, since they're all listed as "Early access".

Discount does not apply to "Pre-order" ED products (except for Mi-24P Hind), and third party products.

13700k, 64GB DDR5, RTX 3080, 1x 4TB M.2, 3x 2TB M.2, @ 3440x1440p, Windows 11

3 hours ago, Chubster said:

Hiya....that message just appears at the top of the special offer window and is static as you scroll

But can you put a checkmark into the box on the right ? It looks to me like this is the new customer discount.

Same thing just happened to me.  50% discounts were offered, ticked on multiple items, and then when I selected (Purchase), it took me to a cart in the store at completely different amounts, mostly much higher.  What was a $200 purchase ended up at $354 or so.  Nope, not doing that.

After I emptied the cart and went back to DCS, the option was gone.

If I'd known that would've happened, I would have taken screenshots.

So, there it is!  Something's not quite right here.

Kev

Hi, I'm new to DCS, and super excited, to say the least.

I'm wanting to also take advantage of the 50% discount for new users.  I wonder if the issue is that you guys downloaded free trial period modules?

I've read the instructions at https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/Discount/.  Does "Each user that has no licenses and serial numbers " include the free trial period modules?

Can any devs please weigh in on this and give direction??

• ED Team
On 24.11.2021 at 01:20, Corvet_01 said:

Same thing just happened to me.  50% discounts were offered, ticked on multiple items, and then when I selected (Purchase), it took me to a cart in the store at completely different amounts, mostly much higher.  What was a $200 purchase ended up at $354 or so.

Some new users (not all) do not have 50% in their cart during the sale. This is a technical error of the store. Please create a request to support ED. I make no promises, but we will try to help.

On 19.11.2021 at 22:38, Chubster said:

The prices in the popup do not equal those in the cart? 

If you haven't made your first purchase yet, wait until after the sale. Please use the free trial period for now, to test before you buy.

• Like 2

• ED Team
On 24.11.2021 at 01:20, Corvet_01 said:

After I emptied the cart and went back to DCS, the option was gone.

I'll add more. After three days, the cancelled order is erased from the order history. After that, the pop-up window will be available again.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Maximov, Hello and how are you?  I'm currently downloading and getting ready to install DCS.  I was planning on making a large initial purchase.  Is there anything I should know before I start loading up my cart (probably tomorrow) and preparing to make my purchase?  Obviously, I'm hunting for that new user 50% discount!  🙂

• ED Team

Don't rush into a purchase. Use a two-week test period to make sure you like the module and the module likes you...  🙂
The guide is here:
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/Discount/
If you have any problems, contact support right away:
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/
 Unfortunately we have very strict rules for returning or exchanging products.

• Like 2

On 12/1/2021 at 2:14 AM, NavyKnight said:

Hi, I'm new to DCS, and super excited, to say the least.

I'm wanting to also take advantage of the 50% discount for new users.  I wonder if the issue is that you guys downloaded free trial period modules?

I've read the instructions at https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/Discount/.  Does "Each user that has no licenses and serial numbers " include the free trial period modules?

Can any devs please weigh in on this and give direction??

Just want to say that I got the 50% discount to work just fine, after some helpful direction from the ED Team.

If you are new to the game and want to take advantage of this great discount, just make sure you aren't making this purchase during a main sale event (like the Fall or Summer Sale).  Then, follow the directions on the DCS technical support area:  https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/Discount/

Hope this helps anyone!  Clear skies and easy stomachs!