Mission 12 Bugs After DCS 2.7.8.16140 Open Beta Update

cm2

So Played the mission after the open beta update, after pressing spacebar during startup Flip didn't say "check on pri" and later Blade's fighter exploded by itself during catapult takeoff. Tried it twice and the bugs happened again the second time, no issues like these before the update.

Edited by cm2
  • Like 1

same here, Blade seems to hit something with his left wing as soon as he starts taxiing on deck. I tried it 3 times and it‘s always the same. His left wing emits smoke and the LEF is missing. He taxies to the CAT nevertheless but at the end of the cat stroke (i.e. at the bow) he explodes. No wingman on that mission.

I noted that the OB changelog in fact mention that ground crew was moved to prevent Blade from running over them. It seems whatever that change was it made things much worse:(

I‘ll have a look at the mission in the ME tonight to see if I can find what might cause the apparent collision of Blade‘s jet upon taxi.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hog_No32 said:

same here, Blade seems to hit something with his left wing as soon as he starts taxiing on deck. I tried it 3 times and it‘s always the same. His left wing emits smoke and the LEF is missing. He taxies to the CAT nevertheless but at the end of the cat stroke (i.e. at the bow) he explodes. No wingman on that mission.

I noted that the OB changelog in fact mention that ground crew was moved to prevent Blade from running over them. It seems whatever that change was it made things much worse:(

I‘ll have a look at the mission in the ME tonight to see if I can find what might cause the apparent collision of Blade‘s jet upon taxi.

So the explosion is caused by Blade's fighter colliding with something before taking off. Didn't notice that, good find.  

I hope the issues will be fixed soon, coz it's a major bummer for me, I already made time to play a couple Raven One Missions and/or finishing it this weekend and now this. 

Edited by cm2

Actually, when I look at Blade's aircraft when starting up, prior to radio check, it already has damage (before he's even moved). For me, more often than not, he just sits on the cat, no matter when I start up, or when I salute, but once, when I let him go first, he just blew up on the end of the carrier as others have stated. Also noticed the bug with the comms check, where you can't hear Flip check on pri (maybe on the wrong freq or something?).

• Like 2

Il 19/11/2021 at 20:44, cm2 ha scritto:

So Played the mission after the open beta update, after pressing spacebar during startup Flip didn't say "check on pri" and later Blade's fighter exploded by itself during catapult takeoff. Tried it twice and the bugs happened again the second time, no issues like these before the update.

I've got the same bugs after the update and later on I think some other comms are missing because it never tells me to switch on knight.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, baltic_dragon said:

It will with the next update. This is something completely new to me and apparently introduced with the last update, because before everything worked as it should and I didn't touch anything...

Nice! Indeed, before the update there was no issue at all. Any idea when will ED roll out the next Open Beta Update?

6 hours ago, baltic_dragon said:

Yep, I'll test it tonight and then post if all works as intended. Also removed the tomcats part, as they do not behave as intended (shoot & run), creating some confusion.

Niiice! :thumbup::pilotfly:

If say in the future there's a way to make the Tomcats part working as intended, will you put the Tomcats part back in?

Edited by cm2

1 hour ago, baltic_dragon said:

OK guys, if you want to progress please use this file and replace it in your campaign folder. This fix should be included in the next OB update. 

Thanks 🙂

Fractal Define R4 Case | Core i7-9700K @ 4.9GHz| 64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi | Gigabyte RTX3080 Gaming OC 12GB | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD (OS) | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD (DCS) | 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD (Steam library) | 1TB WD Caviar Black HDD | Corsair 750W Gold PSU | Corsair H60 Hydro Series CPU Cooler | [TrackIR 5 unused] | Meta Quest Pro | TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Win 10 Home 64-bit | Asus PG348Q 34" 3440x1440 Monitor | Bose Companion 3 2.1 Sound

Completed The mission, Blade's explosion stuff was fixed but Flip didn't say "Check On Pri" at the beginning after I pressed spacebar but I heard Blade's response on the radio check so I was on the right frequency. 

Edited by cm2