Late Activation being ignored by aircraft on carrier and E2-D refuses to land with cleared runway.

I built a sequential launch on the Supercarrier that uses a 1 sec late start for the player (to get the parking spots desired) and that works as intended and across the mission as a whole all other late activated units obey the order, but when starting on the carrier the SB-3 Tanker ignores late activation and starts immediately and begins moving from parking hot. I've tried 'time more', a flag, a moving zone, it ignores all.

Also, why do some units not have the 'uncontrolled' option available? I prefer to use that and AI Task Push method as much as possible on carrier startup and am using that for 4 F-18's in same mission.

Is ignoring late activation a known bug still? I googled first and saw mostly older posts about it.

Am running the latest beta.

RE the non-landing, I setup an E-2 to land as part of the sequence immersion and wanted him to land as the opening action and set him on course/altitude/speed and then added a 'land' waypoint, he approaches and turns off never to return. No aircraft are on a cat and landing runway is clear of even deck crew.

I was hoping it was the E-2 mod, so I swapped it for the DCS E-2 and still same.

Is this also a known bug?

Later in mission when AI aircraft RTB they land fine.

I just don't want to keep trying to make it work if so.

Thanks for any ideas!

Edited by Ghostrider142

i7-4770K @3.50GHz; EVGA 1070 8GB Superclocked; 16GB Ram; MSI Z97 Gaming; two Samsung 500GB SSD's in RAID; TrackIR; 32" 2560x1440 Samsung

Uncontrolled is only available for aircraft that are set to "takeoff from ramp". If they are take-off from ramp hot or take-off from runway the option is not available.

The miz file would help here with seeing how the uncontrolled, late activate, etc is setup to try and figure out what is going on with the spawning. 

As for landing it is difficult to say as it is entirely built on the whims of the AI. There generally is a lot of problems whenever AI are set to land and players or AI are on the base waiting to take-off. Bases get set in either "take-off" or "landing" mode and tend to allow and expect only one action to occur. If it is flying away it might just decide it can't land there and heads toward another base. Again examples would be helpful. 

• Like 1

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

To add to what Grimes said about the AI aircraft not landing, is there a parking spot available for after the E-2 lands? Is the path to that parking spot clear?

Very Respectfully,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

London

"In my private manual I firmly believed the only time there was too much fuel aboard any aircraft was if it was fire." --Ernest K. Gann

Thanks for the info about uncontrolled availability, did not know that.

I would post the miz but I'm running quite a few aircraft and ship mods and at least on my end it will not let me open a miz in editor if I do not have all mods installed that the miz was built with.

Before I create a clean miz reproducing my launch sequence, does the placement order of aircraft on the deck override all subsequent start orders/triggers?

If so that kinda sucks, but it does make sense with the SB-3 starting first despite late activation and timers (also two prowlers I forgot to mention are too) and those 3 aircraft were the first ones I added to the carrier when making the mission. I reckon changing an AC to 'turn' and then back to 'parking hot' should move them to the end of the order?

Yoda967, yeah I have several spots open because I had several others that I hoped to land too.

i7-4770K @3.50GHz; EVGA 1070 8GB Superclocked; 16GB Ram; MSI Z97 Gaming; two Samsung 500GB SSD's in RAID; TrackIR; 32" 2560x1440 Samsung

Assuming AI spawn at the same time I believe the order that they get placed in is based on what spots are open and possibly lowest groupId value. It shouldn't impact the triggers or spawning AI in later. What could have an impact is if multiple AI are set to start at different times but are blocked or delayed from moving to a catapult and the AI get into a "ready to taxi" state. It might have a different take-off sequence than you expected because it prioritizes shortest taxi distance first. For instance spawning a group at 1 second and another after 2 seconds, it is possible the 2nd group taxies first if that unit type has a faster startup time. 

AI should still land if no parking is available. I forget which happens but either the unit will despawn almost immediately after landing or the parked aircraft on the deck will despawn to free up space. AI also despawn automatically after about half an hour anyway so you'd have to manipulate where they go and land a bunch of aircraft to see it. 

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum