Cluster munition craters cause huge FPS drop (what is HMDEndFrame?)

blklobo

From my test, only Russian cluster munitions/dispensers suffer from this. The US ones, e.g. the MK 20, don't have this problem at all. It's a bug.

And the FPS drops only if the impact craters are right in your sight. And like I mentioned above, the US ones don't have this problem at all.

Okay. So Bombing missions right now are practically impossible because of the frame rate drops.

Once you bomb an area out using clusters your frames will drop by about 80% and wont recover. Soon as you enter that area that you bombed or just look in the general direction of the bombed out area playing the game becomes impossible.  But when you exit that area, everything goes back to normal.

This in tern is making bombing missions to destroy enemy bases absolutely brutal. You pretty much have to restart the entire server / mission, every time you make a bombing run.

Example. I have a 3090 and a I9 9900k @ 5.3ghz.  I get about 120 Fps at 4k everywhere i go. But soon as a cluster bombs have dropped on that area, i will drop from 120 all the way down to about 15 fps for the rest of the mission in that area of which the bomb dropped. 

This happens to everyone, i've had multiple people test this an experience the same thing. Please fix this!

Edited by VelvetDiamond

• ED Team

Hi, 

it is related to craters from the explosions, it is reported but I have no update to share currently

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

2 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi, 

it is related to craters from the explosions, it is reported but I have no update to share currently

Would it not be possible just to get an option implemented into the game to disable craters or just disable them in general on the next update until this bug is fixed? would be nice.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi, 

Hi BN, did you reported to ED team that a user fixed this (Lefuneste, with Migoto), regaring these issues?

Edited by Gryzor
  • Like 1

• ED Team
1 hour ago, Gryzor said:

Hi BN, did you reported to ED team that a user fixed this (Lefuneste, with Migoto), regaring these issues?

yes it has been mentioned, but I have no ETA currently, it will depend on free dev time and it is at a premium at the moment. 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I dont get why this hasnt been fixed yet. This has been an issue since August 2021. It is literally making ground missions absolutely impossible. Dropping straight from 120fps to 15fps in a single bombing run which then never recovers until the entire mission is restarted. This is absolutely stupid.  Can we PLEASE get this fixed? my friends just gave up and stopped playing because of this crap.. 

• Like 2