Russian Infantry: What happened?

Apocalypse31

Continue on develop, ED has not talk nothing about a release of the new infantry yet, has on progress by the Mocap team on Minsk. That pics has part of a ED document available on the Week updates.

Six new 3D models are now in Open Beta. For those of you who may be interested in learning more about our detailed modelling process, we have prepared this white paper document on 3D Unit Modelling.

DCS_New_inf_2.jpg.770513ca39a2ff6b67d0e7ba0e0f0bda.jpgDCS_New_inf_3.jpg.2a744d28ba1f170a8772e1ca87ef64cb.jpgDCS_New_inf_1.jpg.ea27e467b3d02303cb38fd901ab523fb.jpg

The "new" (old) russian infantry only get a texture update.

Edited by Silver_Dragon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• ED Team

When we are ready to show more progress we will. 

For now continue to be patient. 

thank you

• Like 3

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

3 hours ago, Silver_Dragon said:

Continue on develop, ED has not talk nothing about a release of the new infantry yet, has on progress by the Mocap team on Minsk. That pics has part of a ED document available on the Week updates.

DCS_New_inf_2.jpg.770513ca39a2ff6b67d0e7ba0e0f0bda.jpgDCS_New_inf_3.jpg.2a744d28ba1f170a8772e1ca87ef64cb.jpgDCS_New_inf_1.jpg.ea27e467b3d02303cb38fd901ab523fb.jpg

@Silver_Dragon, thanks for sharing. I completely missed this.

7 minutes ago, Silver_Dragon said:

By russian forums, Technical, russian and other troops has building, but that require being animated to appears real humans.

Yes i just read that over there indeed, apparently some Toyota has been modeled already 🙂

From Chizh himself on the Russian forum

The Toyota is ready. Character models in development. But again, they still need to be animated.

Edited by SparxOne

4 hours ago, Apocalypse31 said:

ARMA Killer 2022!

That may be, but both products will still have a different focus. For me, excitement peaks in game play when the focus is kept on vehicles/planes that are being supported by Ai infantry. If done right, Ai infantry could be an absolute game changer in DCS for everyone in terms of immersion.

There is still so much improvement needed in ground/navy units that it is hard to see how they will ever get it all done in a timely manner without adding more manpower to their team. I think a common perception, and one that seems to cause a fair bit of animosity within the community, is that any effort made to improve ground units is wasted because it was effort that could have been spent on fixing/adding to the plane set regardless of how adamant ED claims working on one has no effect on the other. And while it is difficult to blame anyone for becoming frustrated with the long wait times, I think most just don't understand the scope of what is being attempted with DCS World, and ED needs to find a way to decrease the amount of time it takes to release modules in order to address this.

After they complete the recently announced improvements to the SC deck crew, I would personally like to see that tech being offered as paid DLC content (deck crew with assets) for all the other carriers to support the continued/continuous development of ground units/infantry. The tech should also be used to offer airfield crew/assets. Anyone that enjoys the experience of having working deck crew on the SC will understand what I mean after going back to a carrier that doesn't have it. Playing around with the Tarawa in the mission editor recently, and I have to say, something is definitely missing!   :poster_oops2: :helpsmilie: :worthy:

My interests would be to have the ability to do what ever I feel like on any given day on a single platform. I prefer not to have to switch platforms just because I am tired of driving a tank and want to drop bombs/launch missiles from a plane. More importantly, I want to be able to build real combined arms missions/game play. And I want to continue watching the great content you put up on YouTube,... so keep it coming!     

Edited by Callsign112
  • Like 4

• 11 months later...
On 10/31/2022 at 6:14 PM, MAXsenna said:

Sarcasm? emoji848.png emoji2960.png

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

No there was no sarcasm meant as the improvements seen in 2.8 are nothing to sneeze at. It was just another way of saying there have been no new updates... its a work in progress!

The new infantry poses shown in @Mike_Romeo's post linked above do look promising though.

Edited by Callsign112
  • Like 1

On 11/20/2021 at 4:29 AM, Silver_Dragon said:

So, any update on this?

• Like 1

i7-4770K @3.50GHz; EVGA 1070 8GB Superclocked; 16GB Ram; MSI Z97 Gaming; two Samsung 500GB SSD's in RAID; TrackIR; 32" 2560x1440 Samsung

Well they have already completed some of the planned work needed for improved Ai logic/movement of infantry, but I don't have the links to any of the announcements at the moment. Maybe @Silver_Dragon or @draconus can help out. And according to Silver_Dragon, it is an example of an old model, but in one of the previous posts above someone linked an image showing infantry using one knee and aiming their weapon at the sky. Clearly infantry in DCS can already do more than just stand/walk/run, and I have to assume infantry can also lower their weapon to aim at other infantry units.

• Like 1