STEAM error - Important files are damaged steam stable version

BIGNEWY

• ED Team

STEAM error - Important files are damaged

So to keep everyone up to date this is the situation.

Steam beta client was creating problems for DCS open beta.
We fixed open beta to work correctly with steam beta client.

today steam pushed the steam beta client to normal steam client,
this has created problems for DCS stable version.

Work around currently is to update to DCS open beta.
(the one in the betas tab that says public open beta with no numbers)

Screenshot_161.png

Update:
The next open beta patch will be here soon.
This will present a unique situation with our versions on steam,

Stable version ( which is currently open beta) will be stuck between versions until we can update the stable version. This will mean users may not be able to play on the same servers.

We recommend if you are playing online to use the Open beta steam version until the version numbers on stable are matched again in a future update. This should happen once the new open beta has had wider testing.

Thank you for your patience.
The Eagle Dynamics Team

• Like 4

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• BIGNEWY changed the title to STEAM error - Important files are damaged steam stable version

Tks Bignewy

but I don't wanna to change to DCS Open Beta.

Is there a way to roll back Steam version to previous, were we didn't have this issue?

Or... when will the Stable version be updated with the fix?

Edited by =Skywarp=

RYZEN 7 2700 3.2 GHz / GAINWARD RTX 2070 / 32 GB RAM 3200 MHz / ASUS PRIME B450M / M.2 NVMe KINGSTON 1TB / SSD SANDISK 480GB / HD 2TB SATA3 / CORSAIR CX650 / AOC AGON AG322FCX MONITOR / THRUSTMASTER T.16000M FCS / CUSTOM HEADTRACK

F-14 Tomcat Side View.png

Hi OP and all,

I got this message as well. I have this sim on Steam. It was working fine last week. Happened earlier today. After a few attempt failed I thought the sim was corrupted. I uninstalled the sim from the directory where I install the sim and delete DCS in my saved game. Took me 6 hours to finish install the sim and its mods (256GB). I click play then I got the same error again. What gives?

Capture.JPG

Update:

Ok. Problem solved after change to Public Beta.

Edited by Mareak
update
  • Like 1

Damn - I'm in the process of re-downloading stable version as well - after deleting, when I got the damaged message.

Tried to Verified files & correct, but no avail, so I pulled the trigger!

But my re-download take 24hrs! 😬

I am going to let it finish & then try covert to open beta, as above.

It just better be a quicker conversion process, that starting form the beginning again?!!!

AS I AM EXTREMELY PISSSED AT THE MOMENT AT THIS MAJOR INCONVENIENCE!! 😡

Its a major waist of my time & Internet usage

• ED Team

Hi all, 

We are planning a stable version up date today the 22nd of November 2021 to fix the steam client DCS stable issue. 

thank you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Tks Bignewy!!

I'm happy to follow the forum... if I didn't, I probably would delete and reinstall DCS and have the same error again, as our friends ggrewe and Mareak, and a lot of other people did.

Guys,

Next time, don't get desperate. Take a breath and search the forum for possible solutions before deleting DCS. Probably other guys had the same problem before, and the solution can be easier than you think.

Edited by =Skywarp=

RYZEN 7 2700 3.2 GHz / GAINWARD RTX 2070 / 32 GB RAM 3200 MHz / ASUS PRIME B450M / M.2 NVMe KINGSTON 1TB / SSD SANDISK 480GB / HD 2TB SATA3 / CORSAIR CX650 / AOC AGON AG322FCX MONITOR / THRUSTMASTER T.16000M FCS / CUSTOM HEADTRACK

F-14 Tomcat Side View.png

• ED Team

Update:

Stable version ( which is currently open beta) will be stuck between versions until we can update the stable version. This will mean users may not be able to play on the same servers.

We recommend if you are playing online to use the Open beta steam version until the version numbers on stable are matched again in a future update. This should happen once the new open beta has had wider testing.

The Eagle Dynamics Team

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Update:

The Eagle Dynamics Team

wait... does this mean that steam users will be out of sync with the rest of of the game even if they're signed up for the open beta releases? Or just that those on steam who haven't opted into the open beta are going to have to wait?

• ED Team

Steam versions are now updated to the same version as stand alone which resolves this issue. 

Thank you for your patience and we hope you all have a great new year. 

• Like 2

• BIGNEWY locked and unpinned this topic