Flight Path Marker Cross

Petercove
Go to solution Solved by Deano87,

There doesnt seem to be any way to get the pitch ladder/FPM to align centrally between the HUD left and right sides.  I dont think it is to do with wind as the error is unchanged on all points of the compass. The aircraft appears normal in the outside view (rudder is central).  I tried another training scenario and its the same.  Any ideas to fix this much appreciated.

Picture taken on a heading of 090 but on a heading of 270 its identical. ie out to the left.

Peter 

FPM3.JPG

HI,

No. I never touch it. The lessons are bit porked anyway. For example with the CBU87 tutorial the screens are blank so so you have to move the battery switch to main pwr and cancel out the master caution warning. Then the INS is skew whiff judging by the misaligned pitch ladder.  I am guessing the tutorials were done before the big upgrade to the INS system.  I have ended up designing a simple mission similar to the tutorial. Just need to see how to make my steerpoint #3 the designated target spot for CCRP bombing. CCIP bombing works as long as the steerpoint is selected in the DED but not CCRP.  Fun and games.

Peter

you don't have something bound to the alignment knob and controls set to mirror your hotas on start do you?...could be placing INS knob to off immediately entering the jet. Any issues any other time? I see you say another training scenario this happened which leads me to believe my suggestion would help

• Like 1

Hi,  I can check the tutorial again and see but from memory it was set to Nav.  I have lost count of the mission editor Youtube videos I have scanned this afternoon trying to fond how to make a simple mission whereby my third steerpoint becomes the focus for my CBUs using CCRP but they also presuppose you have a TGP fitted. I was hoping the mission editor would let you edit the waypoint to say "This is the target".  But there isnt that option.  In the tutorial there isnt a TGP fitted .  Hmm. A bit frustrating.

vor 15 Stunden schrieb Petercove:

There doesnt seem to be any way to get the pitch ladder/FPM to align centrally between the HUD left and right sides.  I dont think it is to do with wind as the error is unchanged on all points of the compass. The aircraft appears normal in the outside view (rudder is central).  I tried another training scenario and its the same.  Any ideas to fix this much appreciated.

Picture taken on a heading of 090 but on a heading of 270 its identical. ie out to the left.

Peter 

FPM3.JPG

This happens when you fly through strong crosswind- or the INS is faulty. I'll assume the INS is alright.
You might center the pitch ladder at any time by selecting DRIFT C/O underneath the ICP (that switch below the "numpad", underneath the "0 M/SEL" button). This will cut off the wind part of the FPM.
However this is not so wise if you intent to use CCRP bombing. But for general navigation it will work fine.

• Solution

This is definitely an INS issue. It sounds like you’re turning the jet off when you spawn? Which will clear your INS alignment. If you have a HOTAS warthog check your flap switch on the throttle as that is normally assigned to main power.

• Like 1

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

12 hours ago, Petercove said:

HI,

No. I never touch it. The lessons are bit porked anyway. For example with the CBU87 tutorial the screens are blank so so you have to move the battery switch to main pwr and cancel out the master caution warning. Then the INS is skew whiff judging by the misaligned pitch ladder.  I am guessing the tutorials were done before the big upgrade to the INS system.  I have ended up designing a simple mission similar to the tutorial. Just need to see how to make my steerpoint #3 the designated target spot for CCRP bombing. CCIP bombing works as long as the steerpoint is selected in the DED but not CCRP.  Fun and games.

Peter

The tutorial isn't borked. Something in your bindings is.

• Like 1

Many thanks for this. " If you have a HOTAS warthog check your flap switch on the throttle as that is normally assigned to main power."   I checked my control binding and sure enough the HOTAS flap switch is assigned to main power. And my switch was in the down position.  I dont think I would found this for a very long time.

Thanks again,

Peter

15 hours ago, Petercove said:

Many thanks for this. " If you have a HOTAS warthog check your flap switch on the throttle as that is normally assigned to main power."   I checked my control binding and sure enough the HOTAS flap switch is assigned to main power. And my switch was in the down position.  I dont think I would found this for a very long time.

Thanks again,

Peter

No Problem! Glad you figured out your issue.

Out of habit from flying other modules on more than one occasion I selected "flaps down" on the downwind for landing and turned all the electrics off lol.

That binding got changed pretty quickly after that.

D

Edited by Deano87

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.