Testing Radars of the F14, F15, F16 & F18 over open seas unsupported.

FoxxyTrotty

Before watching this video, have a guess what you think the results will be, based on the following...

You're in the aircraft (F14, F15, F16 or F18) flying over the open seas at around 10,000ft and you are totally alone up there. There are no allies, the only thing to perhaps call a friend is the nice weather... Somehow you are informed that south your position, an enemy SU33 is hot, flying directly towards you, at Angels 12 - or 12,000ft.

What range do you expect to see him at?? Remember there's no AWACS or other datafeed, this is your RADAR alone. At least with your RWR, you know where to look, and you can focus up the RADAR accordingly, Hi PRF, narrow az sweep just how you like, and keep yourself slightly below the horizon, vs the SU33 to give your RADAR the absolute best shot at seeing him...

Well this is what I did, I had an idea in mind, I was totally wrong, so I thought I'd make a video, I'm sure there are others, like myself, who've forgotten exactly what it's like to fight an enemy with zero datalink in the datalink capable aircraft in multiplayers (or at least with supporting allies).

Have you got your guess(es) ready? This video covers all 4 in a single take,

• Like 1

. . . . . . .

Every module/ map except the dual winged joke.