Some TGP appreciation

TobiasA

Just a thread to appreciate the work on the TGP. For the first time, the F-16 is a capable night striker. You can actually find units on the TGP.

Might not be perfect and requires a little manual adjustment on the gain, but that is a big step forward from the pitch black image we had before. You can see ground details, you can see cars on the road, you can see the heat from several systems spreading on the ground in bright sunshine, you can even see the heat from a fire:Screen_211121_113527.pngIt is now IR and not just a filter on top of a TV image. And I even didn't read anything in the patch notes. Did I miss this some updates before?
This means you can now fly AG sorties at night.

It is awesome! Thanks to the team!

• Like 2

On 11/21/2021 at 2:04 PM, TobiasA said:

Well I personally pick up units (warm things) faster now. The pod we currently have does not excel in terms of picture quality either way, I think the sniper pod might have a better quality. But at least it is IR now.

I can't wait to have the Sniper Pod and see the differences between the 2, and mostly what added features/options you get with the Sniper Pod.

• Like 1

When I was in Iraq, I could literally see the testicles on a goat from a kilometer away through a PAS-13, which is a weapon mounted or handheld thermal sight. The FLIR in the F-16 in DCS right now is trash, there is no way that is at all accurate to the what the pilot sees in the real FLIR.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, ZeroReady said:

When I was in Iraq, I could literally see the testicles on a goat from a kilometer away through a PAS-13, which is a weapon mounted or handheld thermal sight. The FLIR in the F-16 in DCS right now is trash, there is no way that is at all accurate to the what the pilot sees in the real FLIR.

PAS-13 doesn't have more than 3nm range, while Litening aboard Viper has much more range than that. With that range and zoom it can't provide such clear image at distance, given the level of tech back then.

I love the improvement they have done so far!

Edited by Furiz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1