Jf to standby till fixed

Riojano

with the actual  weapons RCS (LD-10, GB-6, LS-6, 802), and some weapons being unusable due to no damage (LS-6) or simple failing in guiding (GB-6 failing for more than 20m), and SD-10 being notched as easy as AIM-7, its a module that i dont wanna fly more. very disapointed on how this module is going

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, sylkhan said:

Same here no pb with LS-6 and GB-6,

ld-10, sd-10 are ok too

LD-10 RCS is ridiculous high, same for GB-6, both are engaged by SAM's at ridiculous distances compared with other weapons of the same class or even some planes, LS-6 is a JDAM so must be on bombs and bombs in DCS dont have RCS. Maybe is a problem with server, dropped 12 LS-6 on 4 targets (tigr, btr-82a, gaz-66 and t80u in 3 sorties) only one doed some damage (direct impact in F6) 64% for an Gaz-66, tryied with GB-6 HE for the t80 and BTR and missed by 20m with 7m/s wind, alignement was correct (fresh spawn, full alignement)

11 minutes ago, Riojano said:

LD-10 RCS is ridiculous high, same for GB-6, both are engaged by SAM's at ridiculous distances compared with other weapons of the same class or even some planes, LS-6 is a JDAM so must be on bombs and bombs in DCS dont have RCS. Maybe is a problem with server, dropped 12 LS-6 on 4 targets (tigr, btr-82a, gaz-66 and t80u in 3 sorties) only one doed some damage (direct impact in F6) 64% for an Gaz-66, tryied with GB-6 HE for the t80 and BTR and missed by 20m with 7m/s wind, alignement was correct (fresh spawn, full alignement)

Do you have a track file or AMCI?

All work for me. LD-10 has RCS of .07 when AGM-88 which is larger has same RCS, and AGM/45 shrike which is same size as LD-10 but bigger fins has .05 RCS. I understand they had to increase it becuase no SAMs engaged it but maybe some fine tuning so it’s not as visible as the larger HARM missile. For example old value was .0366, same as AMRAAM which is much smaller missile. So maybe .05 is much more reasonable or .06 at the least. In my opinion it should be slightly smaller then AGM-45 Shrike, perhaps .045. 

as far as everything hitting correctly, it’s all fine on my end 

• Like 3

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

5 hours ago, Riojano said:

You should use the GB-6-SFW instead for vehicles.

11 часов назад, Riojano сказал:

LD-10 RCS is ridiculous high, same for GB-6, both are engaged by SAM's at ridiculous distances compared with other weapons of the same class or even some planes, LS-6 is a JDAM so must be on bombs and bombs in DCS dont have RCS.

DCS engine treats bombs and missiles differently. In engine terms GB-6 is treated as a missile so the SAMs engage it while LS-6 is treated as a bomb and therefore is ignored.

13 minutes ago, WarbossPetross said:

DCS engine treats bombs and missiles differently. In engine terms GB-6 is treated as a missile so the SAMs engage it while LS-6 is treated as a bomb and therefore is ignored.

Maybe it used to be, but LS-6 was moved to missiles a while ago https://github.com/Quaggles/dcs-lua-datamine/blob/master/_G/weapons_table/weapons/missiles/LS-6-500.lua

• Like 1

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

2 hours ago, AeriaGloria said:

Yep which in my opinion if the LS-6 is a missile then so should JDAM’s.

i fly F-16 a lot these days and I’m getting great ranges with JDAM’s

Edited by Blinky.ben

7 hours ago, Blinky.ben said:

Yep which in my opinion if the LS-6 is a missile then so should JDAM’s.

i fly F-16 a lot these days and I’m getting great ranges with JDAM’s

I don't think that's Deka's call to make, the AGM-154 is a missile too. 

It seems that if it has wings or a rocket motor it falls into the missile category. 

When/if we get the smaller calibre LS-6s (50(?), 100, 250kg versions) they should be in the same class as the L JDAMs. 

• 2 weeks later...

Between each module being made by different developers and the focus of the game being high fidelity simulation, I think there's a lot of folks expecting some kind of war thunder-esque /competitive online pvp balancing that are going to simply end up feeling misled.

I think the most active squadrons time spent on developing in-house co-op scenarios is indicative of where you can really find the highest quality gameplay .

Though of course those same scenarios can also be a blast PvP, but the point remains that specific real life based scenarios are what's required - because in just a random map, with random fighter versus fighter, there will never be anything remotely approaching balance.  Which perform best in a random dedicated server with popular settings will never really have relevance regarding the individual module's quality.

If there was, then that'd be an indication that the simulation aspect has gone entirely to sh*t.  I mean, battlefield is balanced. World of warplanes is balanced :s  Though I've had some good fun with carefully set up historical matchups for sure - especially with not random strangers.

not about "balance", just have some usable and realistic values on some weapons, the RCS of some weapons are totally unrealistic (LD-10 have 0.07 when SD-10 have a more reallistic 0.042, or GB-6 havin 0.25 what is simply ridiculous high) making them unusable cos they get intercepted when far from target. Sa-10 can start shooting a LD-10 at more than 40nm

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Bah! I remember why I quit flying DCS now... "balance". There is no such thing! Only realistic behaviors.

• Like 1

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."