RB15F disappears after shooting down the plane

FlyingTyphoon

1 hour ago, FlyingTyphoon said:

Hi guys, since the last update the fired RB 15F disappears when you are shot down or crash. The question is it a bug or is it intentional because normally it is an autonomous weapon that looks for the target itself after firing or?

It's been like this for as long as I can remember. I believe it has to do with how the guidance has been implemented.

Yes, unfortunately we have to trick-guide it, think of it almost like a wired torpedo. So when one end of that "wire" disappears, so does the weapon. DCS is missing what would be needed to provide natural guidance for it, and for now, this is the only possible work-around. Hopefully one day this will change.

• Like 3

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

It's also true for the RB04.  Does it apply to all missiles in DCS?  Or just anti ship missiles? Or just Viggen missiles? 

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

On 11/25/2021 at 12:40 AM, IronMike said:

Yes, unfortunately we have to trick-guide it, think of it almost like a wired torpedo. So when one end of that "wire" disappears, so does the weapon. DCS is missing what would be needed to provide natural guidance for it, and for now, this is the only possible work-around. Hopefully one day this will change.

Though DCS does support radar guided anti ship missiles, used in both playable, AI, ED and third party modules (Harpoon, Kh-22, Silkworm, C-802 come to mind). I know the RB 15 is a complex weapon, but couldn't we have proper radar guidance implemented for the RB 04 at least given it's an older gen missile similar to the other ones in the game?
Thanks

On 11/25/2021 at 4:40 AM, IronMike said:

OK, and why is that possible with other weapons?
F18 Harpoon, for example, also flies further to the target, how was that solved?