ATFLIR has horrible quality under certain conditions

VAF [136] Striker

OK, so we've been struggling with this problem for awhile now, and this can't be the way that this pod is supposed to perform. I understand the zoom part completely. It doesn't have anywhere near the range of the Litening pod. But the clarity is just terrible in certain conditions. In direct daylight without clouds, the images in the pod look great. Add some low heavy clouds in morning or evening and it just becomes useless. In some conditions the ground vehicles are so fuzzy, they just look like blobs of white, almost like bushes at a distance over 10 miles. What is going on with this and is this going to get addressed? Or is it something we're not getting about the pod? You can see that close it it's crystal clear, but if you're out at 15-20 miles it's just useless.

Screen_211121_184421.png

Screen_211121_184517.png

Screen_211121_184844.png

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

ASUS ROG Rampage IV Extreme MB

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2 minutes ago, VAF [136] Striker said:

I thought that the ATFLIR was already part of updates already done. That's not the case?

From what i saw the Apache will debut the new FLIR engine in dcs, so currently everything is still using old stuff.  If you check out Wags apaches videos you can see how good that flir will be.  When i say flir engine its a whole new sim of the thermal in dcs, so eventually all TGP's and ATflir with have the new API.  From my understanding of news letters

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

• ED Team

Please wait for the new FLIR currently in development.

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2