SIM Mode and CM w/ Master Arm Off

theIRIEone

Hi,

I always was under the impression that CM (chaff/flare) release is only functional with Master Arm switched ON.
However, earlier today during a mock dogfight with a squadmate, i was in A/A master mode with SIM boxed/active, Master Arm switch SAFE - and actually released CM.
So i guess my question is: Does SIM mode while in A/A master mode let us release CM regardless of Master Arm settings (override?) or did i stumble over a bug? I would assume the latter being the case but thought i'd ask if i'm missing something here before posting in the actual "Bugs" section.

For the record : Master Arm switch was set to ON for a brief moment while setting up for the mock dogfight but was set to SAFE immediately again after consulting with flight lead - long before the first merge happened. I have footage reassuring myself i didn't remember wrong, Master Arm was 100% SAFE but CMs been released still.

Edited by theIRIEone
fixed typo

As tholozor has said the master arm never should have been part of the counter measure systems activation. The ALE series of counter measure dispensors systems all have their own switches in the case of the hornet the main power and mode switch next to the jammer mode and the sub mode options on the ew page.

• Like 2

i7 13700k, 64gb DDR5, Warthog HOTAS, HP Reverb G2 VR, win 11, RTX 3070

TGW Dedicated Server Admin, Australian PVE/PVP gameplay. (taskgroupwarrior.info/2020)