silentbob11

Hi Hornet lovers, hope you can help me with this strange problem:

I can't seem to be able to move the crosshair on the SLAMer pod display. Been trying to get an answer on the Hornet fb page but they couldn't find a fix. I've been watching a ton of tutorials, followed every step, tried the realistic/unrealistic slew mode. Everything. But nope. it won't budge. Everything seems to be in line: Pod goes active, I get a video feed, the MFD is selected, I depress the TDC and try to slew - no response. The X stays fixed, the "designate" bar  doesn't appear (as it does in Wags tutorial and others). It doesn't seem to be stick problem (have TM Warthog stick - no throttle) because the MAVs and TGP slew just fine. Just the SLAMers 

Any chance of an idea here?

SB11 

CPU: intel Core i7 9700K ~ 3.6 GHZ , nVidia RTX2060 SUPER, 32GB 3300 Mhz RAM, DELL 24" LED. Windows 10

• ED Team

Hi

if you have a short track replay example please attach it we will take a look, 

I can not say I have noticed a problem. 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I'll try to make when I get home, but nothing to see there - The X on the vid screen is supposed to be slewable, but it doesn't. Also, as I mentioned the "designate" sign that's supposed to appear above the CENT. (distance from tgt here) when you try to slew (depress TDC and slew) doesn't appear.

SB11

CPU: intel Core i7 9700K ~ 3.6 GHZ , nVidia RTX2060 SUPER, 32GB 3300 Mhz RAM, DELL 24" LED. Windows 10

OK here's an interesting thing: I switched to the stable version and IT WORKS PERFECTLY!

switched to the Open Beta - NOT WORKING. 

same settings, same mission same everything.

That's odd don't you think?

SB11

• ED Team

I have not been able to reproduce, tested in our dev build and open beta and I have control with both. 

If you have a track replay showing it happen I can take a closer look. 

Check your TDC depress is bound correctly also. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On 11/23/2021 at 2:34 PM, BIGNEWY said:

I have not been able to reproduce, tested in our dev build and open beta and I have control with both. 

If you have a track replay showing it happen I can take a closer look. 

Check your TDC depress is bound correctly also. 

thanks

Thanks BIGNEWY, I will try to make a track, but as I said, the odd thing about it is that in stable version it all works fine, but not in the OpenBeta version, so I can't figure out what it is. The track will only show a Video feed from the datalink pod, MFD selected and all the regular symbiology - crosshairs and X - fixed on the selected target (wpdsg).

SB11

7 minutes ago, silentbob11 said:

Thanks BIGNEWY, I will try to make a track, but as I said, the odd thing about it is that in stable version it all works fine, but not in the OpenBeta version, so I can't figure out what it is. The track will only show a Video feed from the datalink pod, MFD selected and all the regular symbiology - crosshairs and X - fixed on the selected target (wpdsg).

SB11

Tracks in DCS record all keypress and other inputs, so by looking at a track it will be possible to more accurately tell what's going wrong at your side.

Edited by Shimmergloom667

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

1 hour ago, Shimmergloom667 said:

Tracks in DCS record all keypress and other inputs, so by looking at a track it will be possible to more accurately tell what's going wrong at your side.

OK than, I'll make a track and attach it here...

Thanx